Problems pre-ordering Iphone 3Gs

jimboriot

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
When I get online (Apple's website), their site will not let me pass the step where it has recognized my AT&T account and gives me my proposed discounts. The next page says "There was an error processing your request, please try again later". Well I've tried again later 3 times, and it still doesn't work. Little help?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Try calling in your order... expect a long wait time though. People are flooding Apple's site, that's the reason for the error.

jimboriot

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
thank much, kinda thought that was the situation, didn't know if it was AT&T's problem after all the anti-AT&T talk I saw blogged about today.

rayjh

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Been on hold for 45 minutes after getting the same error. PS check your email - I got the following message:
Thanks for starting your iPhone purchase online. To finish the process, come to the store you selected and look for a Concierge in an orange shirt. We'll help you complete your purchase, activate your new iPhone, and set it up for you.

However, I never got a chance to specify either a model or a store location

mervynle

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Calling in is not going to help you. I finally got to a rep after 50 minutes on hold. He told me that there was a ticket in about the error and that it affected internal ordering as well - they get the same error message. His suggestion was to wait until tomorrow and hopefully the error will be fixed.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Luckily I placed my order as soon as they allowed pre-orders on Apple's site. I'm sure it will be up and running in a few hours.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
When I get online (Apple's website), their site will not let me pass the step where it has recognized my AT&T account and gives me my proposed discounts. The next page says "There was an error processing your request, please try again later". Well I've tried again later 3 times, and it still doesn't work. Little help?
I got that message four times between 6pm and 7pm edt.

Now, I get:

"This page is currently down for maintenance.

Please check back later. Thank you for your patience." on https://buyiphone.apple.com/down.html

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
thank much, kinda thought that was the situation, didn't know if it was AT&T's problem after all the anti-AT&T talk I saw blogged about today.
Well, I am no fan of AT&T Wireless. However, Apple had a choice. It was no secret that AT&T was and is capacity limited. Note that of all the carriers with whom Apple has agreements, AT&T has the the most restrictive policies. They have had since the day one. They are also two years behind Verizon in rolling out 4G. That is why there is so much excitement about any rumor that Verizon might get the iPhone. Of course, since Verizon is CDMA, that only solves a part of the problem. However, if, as one might expect, all those who only care about domestic service desert to Verizon, that should reduce the load on AT&T. As it stands, new iPhones appear to be consuming AT&T capacity faster than they are rolling it out.

AT&T's only hope of getting ahead of the curve is to roll out 4G but that only helps if a large portion of iPhone users, us, upgrade to phones with new radiios. iPhone success may be the death of AT&T.

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
No good deed goes unpunished.

In response to trying to order, I have received the following from Apple:

"Dear WILLIAM,

Thanks for starting your iPhone purchase online. To finish the process, come to the store you selected and look for a Concierge in an orange shirt. We'll help you complete your purchase, activate your new iPhone, and set it up for you. Find a store Make sure to bring these items with you:
? A valid, government-issued photo ID
? Your Social Security number
? A debit or credit card
We look forward to seeing you.
The Apple Retail Store team."

Of course, the whole purpose of trying to order online was to avoid standing in line one more time at a store. The last two times I have has to go to three stores in search of inventtory. This time I thought that I had broken the code.

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Ta Daa!

"Thank you for your order.

We?re processing it now. You will receive an email confirmation shortly."

Any bets on whether or not I get my e-Mail?

bluphi93

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
In response to trying to order, I have received the following from Apple:

"Dear WILLIAM,

Thanks for starting your iPhone purchase online. To finish the process, come to the store you selected and look for a Concierge in an orange shirt. We'll help you complete your purchase, activate your new iPhone, and set it up for you. Find a store Make sure to bring these items with you:
? A valid, government-issued photo ID
? Your Social Security number
? A debit or credit card
We look forward to seeing you.
The Apple Retail Store team."

Of course, the whole purpose of trying to order online was to avoid standing in line one more time at a store. The last two times I have has to go to three stores in search of inventtory. This time I thought that I had broken the code.

I got this message too, wonder why WE have to go to the store???

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro