Problem with Driving Focus

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’m having a problem with the driving focus activating automatically on my Apple Watch 5. I’m on watchOS 8.7. It stopped working a few weeks ago on watchOS 8.6.

I have unpaired and paired the watch. No change. Any suggestions?
0237c2967fd74f62b2b7dca93a1be62c.png

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That's weird.

Two subquestions:
  1. Can you enable it manually?
  2. Does it activate automatically on the phone?

I know it’s very weird. Yes I can enable it manually on the watch and phone. No, it does not activate automatically on my phone.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I know it’s very weird. Yes I can enable it manually on the watch and phone. No, it does not activate automatically on my phone.

Well, this clears it up a little :) . If the phone doesn't go into the focus mode, the watch won't either.

How does your car link up to your phone? Is it CarPlay, Bluetooth, something else (not sure what that would be ??????)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, this clears it up a little :) . If the phone doesn't go into the focus mode, the watch won't either.

How does your car link up to your phone? Is it CarPlay, Bluetooth, something else (not sure what that would be í ½í¸…)

None of the above. It used to activate automatically based on detected motion. Just like it says when it’s set to automatically.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
None of the above. It used to activate automatically based on detected motion. Just like it says when it’s set to automatically.

I have never seen the Driving focus activate by motion on my phone.

It always has activated when it connects to the car’s hands-free or CarPlay. And it is also set to Automatic.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

It always has activated when it connects to the car’s hands-free or CarPlay. And it is also set to Automatic.

I called Apple support. They suggested that I delete the driving focus and reinstall it which I did. We’ll see if it works.
f9d0a6cf99f9e43ab61b67e18f88ff0e.png

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Stupid question, but it hasn’t been mentioned, so……..

Have you power cycled your watch and phone?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I used it before I got a vehicle with CP:

b1be5586b87d6df61355c2d547420e79.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m having a problem with the driving focus activating automatically on my Apple Watch 5. I’m on watchOS 8.7. It stopped working a few weeks ago on watchOS 8.6.

I have unpaired and paired the watch. No change. Any suggestions?

I had the opposite problem from you: I had turn on automatically, but it kept turning on randomly through the day when the phone seemed. to think I was driving. Just walking up and down stairs could trigger it on. (Going on my boat would as well, but that one was understandable, I guess.) So, I've turned off the automatic detection and now I just don't bother with driving mode. (I was using it because I was getting spam calls and my car's BT was auto-answering but the spam calls have stopped and I finally found the setting to not automatically answer calls.)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the opposite problem from you: I had turn on automatically, but it kept turning on randomly through the day when the phone seemed. to think I was driving. Just walking up and down stairs could trigger it on. (Going on my boat would as well, but that one was understandable, I guess.) So, I've turned off the automatic detection and now I just don't bother with driving mode. (I was using it because I was getting spam calls and my car's BT was auto-answering but the spam calls have stopped and I finally found the setting to not automatically answer calls.)

I have deleted driving focus for now. Maybe I’ll try it again when iOS 16 is released.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711