• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Prevent AirPods prompt on Apple TV

circatee

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
I have an AirPods Gen 3, connected to my iPad and iPhone. However, from time to time, while our Apple TV is on, a prompt will show on the screen (top right corner) to connect the AirPods.

Is there a way to prevent that, but, still keep ‘automatic’ connect for the iPad and iPhone?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi… Yes there is a way.

On the Apple TV, go to the Settings app, then to Remotes and Devices and choose Bluetooth. At the top, you should have a setting called "Suggest Nearby AirPods", set that to Off and you should be good to go :)

circatee

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
Hi… Yes there is a way.

On the Apple TV, go to the Settings app, then to Remotes and Devices and choose Bluetooth. At the top, you should have a setting called "Suggest Nearby AirPods", set that to Off and you should be good to go :)

Like a Boss! Thanks

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi… Yes there is a way.

I came here just for this! Thanks for the info

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman