Pretty nice write up and review of the new 5S's camera...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Since I know many of you are probably drooling at the new camera hardware and software coming next week, and many of you may have actually made your decision to upgrade based SOLELY on the improved camera function, this write up may be a great read for you, as it approaches it from both a neutral aspect and from the point of a professional photographer (at the same time!)...

Give it a read, it's worth 10-15min. to see what you're really getting with this new phone. It certainly got me more excited about it, even coming from a house hold with some very high dollar cameras, this new iPhone seems to really have some photographic prowess!

The iPhone 5S and Photography

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since I know many of you are probably drooling at the new camera hardware and software coming next week, and many of you may have actually made your decision to upgrade based SOLELY on the improved camera function, this write up may be a great read for you, as it approaches it from both a neutral aspect and from the point of a professional photographer (at the same time!)...

Give it a read, it's worth 10-15min. to see what you're really getting with this new phone. It certainly got me more excited about it, even coming from a house hold with some very high dollar cameras, this new iPhone seems to really have some photographic prowess!

The iPhone 5S and Photography
I forgot where I came across this article but did and read it and it for sure sums up what Apple and Sony did together to come up with this new camera. I believe it is going to be phenominal along with the dual flash.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been sold on the camera since reading the specs. Lol. I haven't even bothered looking into it anymore. Sadly, a brand new mortgage is preventing me from picking up a 5s for the whole family.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
It really is amazing how far the iphone has brought the cell phone camera. I love the camera on my 5, though improved low-light performance is something to look forward to for sure.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I was going to get the phone anyway, assuming there would be a slight spec bump in camera, and despite having an enormous range of "legit" cameras at my disposal, I tend to mostly use my phone...because I am not usually luggin' my equipment around with me, yknow. But that article...is it the 20th yet?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Interesting write up. I take a lot of indoor pictures with my iPhone 5, therefore I'm happy to see that they have improved the camera for better indoor pics.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am also, though I am generally very anti-flash, leaving it off pretty much always. My nephew has been so blinded by my sister's flash that he now automatically squints when he sees the phone come out for a picture even though he knows I won't blind him, he's just programmed himself to do it now. He looks a little blue steel when he does it so as sad as it is, it's super adorable.

side note...seeing my eye is kinda giving me the willies. maybe i should go back to my old avvy..

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I wasn't thinking much about upgrading from my 5, but this article kinda has me thinking. Pretty cool camera stuff, and I don't even use it that much.

cevansdust

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Nice find OP. I've been looking for this exact kind of article concerning the camera. I'm excited to see some hands on shots with it.

I saw that you mentioned Sony and Apple. Is it confirmed that Sony is providing the sensor for the 5s again? If so, are they the primary provider? Just curious.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Good find great point of view there i can't wait to get that space gray iphone 5s i am so mad that we can't preorder tonight or early morning like in the past oh well next week hurry up.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Great article. Thanks for posting it.

All of that said: anything that makes it even easier for me to point my phone at something and take a really nice photo without thinking gets the OKAY in my book. I'm excited for the 5S for the camera by itself.

I can save the tinkering and thinking for the real camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
This is why people say that the iPhone just works. Apple may not give you tons of camera options, but they give you a camera that anyone can operate and take good pictures with.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice