Preparing to Ship & CC charge, anyone else?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed I got an email update from Apple showing my XS Max preparing to ship and they charged my credit card already. While I appreciate the effort, if its not arriving until Friday isn't this a bit premature, typically it would be 1 day before actual shipment/delivery for preparing to ship then shipping and delivery about 1 day later.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If Apple stated a Friday the 21 deliver then that will be the day.

Not sure if you can get it any earlier unless your a registered developer

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
There have been cases of deliveries before the launch day for non-developers, I was just wondering why they are charging CC way before the ship date.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple did pretty much take all of the Air Shipping out of China for the launch so likely they will ship in time for Friday, deliver to UPS/FedEx a day or two early to be held etc. Not really sure.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
My nectarine max case has shipped with tracking number. Everything else is still preparing to ship. The case should arrive on Wednesday. Funny that the blue case is estimated to arrive on the 24th.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Apple Store app says preparing for shipment but my UPS app already updated with the tracking number and shipping info showing an arrival scan in ZhangZhou, China so my Xs Max is on the way. Now I only have to wait impatiently until Friday. Sometimes my UPS Guy doesn’t come until 7:30-8pm. Friday will probably be one of those days.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
My blue case has now shipped with delivery strangely enough for Sept 24th, also with FedEx.

The rest of my order, Watch S4 and two Xs Max are preparing to ship still.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
No tracking for me yet from Apple, but I logged into both Fed Ex and UPS and voila a UPS tracking # is there for me :) now I can add it to my deliveries app and keep an eye on it.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting on Verizon and Apple. I honestly expect stuff tomorrow. They're definitely moving through the motions.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Im hoping that Apple is using fedex here in Canada because our postal service may go on strike very soon.

I’m glad they are using UPS here FedEx has been losing my packages for work left and right to the point where we have to make sure we always have insurance on everything. And we’ve shipped some stuff worth tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2