Preorder without carrier????

asdpro

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Im from Argentina, I will go to Miami in few weeks.

I wake up 4am (00:01 pdt) to buy the new iphone. But I only can order if I have a carrier in USA. Whaaaaaaat?
I want pay in full, but no care what carrier I choose, I need wireless number, SSN and other numbers that I dont have.

Any help?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You will have to wait until the iPhone is available to order in your country. There are some countries that allowed Pre-Order, not sure which ones.. (I am sure you can google it).

You already answered your question, you need an account with a provider and the correct numbers you don't have currently.

When Argentina has the phone in stores and/or online, you can order at that time.

asdpro

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
You will have to wait until the iPhone is available to order in your country. There are some countries that allowed Pre-Order, not sure which ones.. (I am sure you can google it).

You already answered your question, you need an account with a provider and the correct numbers you don't have currently.

When Argentina has the phone in stores and/or online, you can order at that time.

If a friend will not upgrade the iphone, I can use his numbers to buy the phone? I want pay in full an unlocked.

Thanks Craig!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Take note. The T-Mobile version is gsm only and does not include cdma. It will never work on Verizon or sprint like the 6s.

The OP is from Argentina. I doubt anyone outside of the US really cares as long as the phone works. No Verizon or Sprint in Argentina to worry about.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Take note. The T-Mobile version is gsm only and does not include cdma. It will never work on Verizon or sprint like the 6s.

*Wasn't meant to be a reply! Hit the wrong button.

I have an unlocked fully paid for 6s that was used on Verizon and now on AT&T. Apple phones in the US have a model made to work across all networks if unlocked and off contract. As you can see, Model A1661 supports it all. Get your hands on that one you should be good. IMG_1473600649.349557.jpg

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
*Wasn't meant to be a reply! Hit the wrong button.

I have an unlocked fully paid for 6s that was used on Verizon and now on AT&T. Apple phones in the US have a model made to work across all networks if unlocked and off contract. As you can see, Model A1661 supports it all. Get your hands on that one you should be good. View attachment 111341

That is correct for the iPhone 6S, but for the iPhone 7 and 7Plus, there are two models in the US. The model sold for AT&T and T-Mobile does not have the CDMA 2000 radio chipset needed to activate the phone on Verizon or Sprint networks, since CDMA technology needs to be licensed from Qualcomm. It is rumored that Apple may have declined to use the technology with all models to save money.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
That is correct for the iPhone 6S, but for the iPhone 7 and 7Plus, there are two models in the US. The model sold for AT&T and T-Mobile does not have the CDMA 2000 radio chipset needed to activate the phone on Verizon or Sprint networks, since CDMA technology needs to be licensed from Qualcomm. It is rumored that Apple may have declined to use the technology with all models to save money.

I checked w Apple Support. The model listed in my prior message for CDMA and GSM is just not available at launch for pre-orders.

The reason they gave me was all Apple sold pre-orders must be attached to a new line or replace a phone on a current line.

No phones were sold at Full Retail unattached to a carrier. After pre-orders are filled. The model that is completely unlocked and works across carriers is released at Full Retail price without SIM and works both CDMA and GSM but may have WiFi calling issues.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I checked w Apple Support. The model listed in my prior message for CDMA and GSM is just not available at launch for pre-orders.

The reason they gave me was all Apple sold pre-orders must be attached to a new line or replace a phone on a current line.

No phones were sold at Full Retail unattached to a carrier. After pre-orders are filled. The model that is completely unlocked and works across carriers is released at Full Retail price without SIM and works both CDMA and GSM but may have WiFi calling issues.

Cool to hear that. Might be a deal breaker for me since I use Wi-Fi calling and NumberSync from AT&T extensively between my devices. I would be interested in the Unlocked one once that comes around, if it meets my needs.

nikkimd11

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
You might just want to be on the look out to see if when you visit Miami the unlocked no sim version of the new phone is available. Not sure how fast they will have it up for sale.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi, Im from Argentina, I will go to Miami in few weeks.

I wake up 4am (00:01 pdt) to buy the new iphone. But I only can order if I have a carrier in USA. Whaaaaaaat?
I want pay in full, but no care what carrier I choose, I need wireless number, SSN and other numbers that I dont have.

Any help?

hey, like someone else mentioned, your only option might be buying a Tmobile iphone, they are unlocked to GSM networks so you would be able to use it in Argentina, you said you'll be here in a few weeks, hopefully you will be able to buy the official unlocked version from Apple ..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro