Preorder Switching from ATT to VZW

TheBiggmann

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on preordering the iPhone 5 when it is available, and have some questions about the preorder process. I've hit up Google but can't seem to get a straight answer.

My situation is that my parents and brother are on VZW, but when I went to college I switched to ATT because they had better coverage at the time. With the expansion of Verizon's network and service in Madison, I'm thinking it's time to go back to VZW. When I preorder the phone, will I be able to add a line back onto my parents account if I have all the account info? I've also heard there is an option on Apple's site as you go through the ordering process to port your number. Is this accurate?

Also, I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not you can now do simultaneous data and voice on VZW with the iP5. It seems like if you are in 4g coverage you are able to, as your voice runs off the 3g connection and data off 4g if I'm understanding that right. However, does that mean that you aren't able to do voice and data at the same time if you are just on 3g?

Thanks in advance!

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
As far as porting your number and adding a line to your parents account goes as long as you have the account info and they are eligible to add another line to the account.

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Also, I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not you can now do simultaneous data and voice on VZW with the iP5. It seems like if you are in 4g coverage you are able to, as your voice runs off the 3g connection and data off 4g if I'm understanding that right. However, does that mean that you aren't able to do voice and data at the same time if you are just on 3g?

This is my big question as well. If simultaneous voice/data was available on Verizon when on 3G only, I would jump to Verizon without hesitation.

Anyone know the answer?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73