Pre-Orders

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
How do preorders work? Go online on the 7th (what time?) and tell them what store you want to pick up your phone at on the 14th, and give them your cc? Do they charge it that day or on the 14th? (The 14th is payday... <g>)

MarkAllan

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Will the preorders be available online too? And if I pre-order, will I get the phone the 14th, or will it ship out the 14th? The next day is Saturday, and never know if FedEx/UPS will do Saturday delivery. I would hate to wait all weekend for it.:(

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Will the preorders be available online too? And if I pre-order, will I get the phone the 14th, or will it ship out the 14th? The next day is Saturday, and never know if FedEx/UPS will do Saturday delivery. I would hate to wait all weekend for it.:(

It actually points out specifically on Apple's website that the pre-orders begin "ONLINE" on the 7th...

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
It actually points out specifically on Apple's website that the pre-orders begin "ONLINE" on the 7th...

I actually had a friend ask me this same question and i pointed out the same thing.
I imagine At&t, Verizon, and Sprint will have some way of doing it in their stores.
Just have to wait and see i guess.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I've never preordered before, how long from when you order to when you get? If you preorder on the 7th (in store for me) you can just pick it up the 14th?

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I've never preordered before, how long from when you order to when you get? If you preorder on the 7th (in store for me) you can just pick it up the 14th?

You have the option to pick it up in-store or to have it delivered the day of the release.

Reactions: ame

MarkAllan

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm blind :p Thanks for pointing that out for me though. It says 'ship for delivery beginning October 14'. That sounds like it will ship before the 14th for delivery on that day.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can't say for sure when delivery will happen. Last year with the iPhone 4, they said it would be delivered on release day (6/24), but many people reported getting them a day or 2 early. Probably will be the same with the iPhone 4S

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Can't say for sure when delivery will happen. Last year with the iPhone 4, they said it would be delivered on release day (6/24), but many people reported getting them a day or 2 early. Probably will be the same with the iPhone 4S

Mine showed up on the release date, which usually is the norm.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You have the option to pick it up in-store or to have it delivered the day of the release.

That's what I thought. That works for me. I can just go by after work, get that, return this one, and be done.

I just hope they can get her upgrade back to her account within a few days.