Power Button Doesnt Work

noifwoao

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
Can somone help me i have an original iphone 4gb and the power button doesnt work at all wont go into sleep mode nothing.. this sucks cause i can never let it die or it will never turn back on .. can somone help me? Is there a way to fix this?

rockyjuan

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
first of all jailbreak your phone. then just intall sb settings under fueatured in cydia. once u got that there is a option to lock your phone . sb settings is great it allows u to acces almost every off and on setting without opening settings app.

noifwoao

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
I thought in the jailbreak process you have to hold the power button down during the process for it to work or is there a wat around it?

rockyjuan

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
well if u havent jailbroken it. and a problem other than the homebutton is occuring. why dont u take it to the apple store and have them look at it. that is if u still are covered by the 1 year warranty

Ghecko

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
NO its an original iphone 4gb.. it sux it just stoped working.

Sadly, it is most liekly no longer under warranty. You can try to see if apple can fix it. Sometimes in towns there are small businesses that service Apple computers the one in my town fixed the home key on one of my 3Gs.... a thought

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
They will look at it, but if it's out of the standard 1 year warranty they will charge you for any possible work that is needed.