Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with iOS 8.1 in terms of playing full screen video? My notifications don't rotate so it throws the screen around and back to full screen once the notification is good. Also, can't pull down the notifications view when in full screen mode unless I pull down from the side. Control center works fine.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Had an issue earlier on 8.1 on my iPhone 6 where someone called and I swiped to answer and it just hung and showed end call as if it had answered but continued to ring.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having issues with iOS 8.1 in terms of playing full screen video? My notifications don't rotate so it throws the screen around and back to full screen once the notification is good. Also, can't pull down the notifications view when in full screen mode unless I pull down from the side. Control center works fine.

Yup. This is definitely an issue in at least YouTube. Probably elsewhere. Really annoying! I pretty much have to mute my notifications just to watch videos properly.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Just above the headphone port, i found a tiny small black dot, looking like dust, dirt or something. Its really really tiny like a Went to Apple Store, and i found 3 phones with the same black little dot particle where the glass meats the headphone port. You really need a brigh light to see it (like in the apple store) They gave me a new phone but had to go through a couple of gold Iphone 6 to find one without this thing.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a weird issue this morning. i was on a phone call leaving a voicemail for someone and when i took the phone away from my ear to end the call the screen never came back on and i couldn't end the call no matter what i did. I finally had to reset the thing to end it. Never had this happen before. I think if I wasn't so used to the bigger screen i'd go back to my 4S, never had any issues with that phone. anyone else experience this?
Son has had same thing happen three times, not happy. Daughter is still having Facebook, bluetooth, Wifi, and apps force closing issues. Wife is less than impressed with her 6 also. We hoped 8.1 would help but not too much at this point. Not too happy with these POS 6 phones so far.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Son has had same thing happen three times, not happy. Daughter is still having Facebook, bluetooth, Wifi, and apps force closing issues. Wife is less than impressed with her 6 also. We hoped 8.1 would help but not too much at this point. Not too happy with these POS 6 phones so far.

I agree with you. I've been really tempted to just ditch my 6 and reactivate my 4S. never had any issues with that phone.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

It sounds like some of you have been really unlucky with your experience so far. Mine has been pretty much flawless. What are the issues with Facebook? I haven't been having anymore wifi, Bluetooth or app crashes.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I just returned mine after less than 24 hours due to the insane amount of crashing. Now I know it's not iOS 8 because my 5c has none of these difficulties with the same exact apps. Went ahead and just stayed with my 5c and got an iPad mini instead.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I just returned mine after less than 24 hours due to the insane amount of crashing. Now I know it's not iOS 8 because my 5c has none of these difficulties with the same exact apps. Went ahead and just stayed with my 5c and got an iPad mini instead.

Hmm. Haven't had any crashes at all on my 6 running 8.0.2 and 8.1...

Edit: I take that back, I have had the settings app(of all apps!!) crash twice. But that's the only crash I've had.

Last edited:

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
These phones are more trouble than they're worth. I don't understand how all these other people get to keep swapping out new phones for dumb little issues that don't affect anything and I can't even get a replacement unless I break the phone and use one of my AppleCare replacements. I feel like apple products have gone slightly downhill since Steve jobs passed.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
These phones are more trouble than they're worth. I don't understand how all these other people get to keep swapping out new phones for dumb little issues that don't affect anything and I can't even get a replacement unless I break the phone and use one of my AppleCare replacements. I feel like apple products have gone slightly downhill since Steve jobs passed.

On the 6 and 6+ I feel like they didn't forecast demand or start production soon enough. Because of that, quality control went downhill. You can't expect people able to make 10 perfect iPhones per minute to suddenly do 20+ and get the same result! That and I'm wondering if Apple has started cutting any corners they can, that's what greed creates.

Either way, it's an unsettling feeling seeing all these issues with new devices.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I've experienced something totally different.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
But if you are within your one year warranty period you can demand a replacement that is not part of AppleCare

Agree. Just schedule an appt with them and walk in and they'll take care of you. I've not had an issue with their customer service at all, especially with something still under warranty. They won't let you exchange for a different color or size but they'll certainly replace them if they're defective.