Possible 4s yellow Tint Fix?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I initially purchased my iPhone 4S, I was upset about having the yellowish tint so I took it to the Apple Store at the Millennia Mall here in Orlando and exchanged it. The exchanged 4S had a more yellowish tint than my original so I told the genius to disregard the exchange. That was 3 months ago. Now my display is vibrant and a lot cooler, however, it is still not as cool as my brother's iPhone 4.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have both a iP4 and an iP4s (C39...).

When I compare the two side-by-side, the ip4s definitely has a warmer tint to the screen.

Like the previous poster said, I prefer the warmer tint. The iP4 screen looks so cold now!

I doesn't seem to affect the viewing quality of my photo's etc.

Everybody Dance

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
My yellow tint makes the colors washed out.

My tint is yellow. The colors are washed out, as if the white balance is a little off. The vibrancy? Terrible. I compared my 4s with my boyfriend's 4s- he got his in October, I got mine this week- and he took one look at my phone tonight and said, why is your display so dark?

We compared and there is a tremendous difference. Tremendous. His phone is a bluish tint- his whites are so much brighter- his screen resolution is crisper. I want his phone. Since I just got this I think Apple should replace it. It;s clearly not as sharp as it should be. WHere is the quality control here??!

Who do I call? I bought the Apple Care warranty.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My tint is yellow. The colors are washed out, as if the white balance is a little off. The vibrancy? Terrible. I compared my 4s with my boyfriend's 4s- he got his in October, I got mine this week- and he took one look at my phone tonight and said, why is your display so dark?

We compared and there is a tremendous difference. Tremendous. His phone is a bluish tint- his whites are so much brighter- his screen resolution is crisper. I want his phone. Since I just got this I think Apple should replace it. It;s clearly not as sharp as it should be. WHere is the quality control here??!

Who do I call? I bought the Apple Care warranty.

Apple. Take it to the Apple store if you aren't satisfied.

How old is the phone? Give it about a week to see if it gets any better... it should clear up on its own.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This sounds more like a case of a different display that was made by different manufactures. No different than any previous iPhone. Some of the displays had different shades so to speak depending on where the screen came from. Now if it was yellow blotches that would be the glue but that only effected some phones that were freshly made and would disappear after a few days.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This sounds more like a case of a different display that was made by different manufactures. No different than any previous iPhone. Some of the displays had different shades so to speak depending on where the screen came from. Now if it was yellow blotches that would be the glue but that only effected some phones that were freshly made and would disappear after a few days.

Exactly. I thought I read somewhere that the displays made my Samsung tend to be warm, and the ones that are made by LG tend to have that cool blue screen. I've read too many posts where people mistakenly confuse the glue drying issue when in fact the warmer yellowish screen has to do with who manufactured the display. My iPhone 4 was a cool blue color which I prefer. My 4S is warm in color and I definetlly notice it if I put my 4S next to the 4. I can see how the warmer tone of the New iPad bothers those that have it. Thankfully my New iPad has a cooler blue tone to it just like my 4. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Exactly. I thought I read somewhere that the displays made my Samsung tend to be warm, and the ones that are made by LG tend to have that cool blue screen. I've read too many posts where people mistakenly confuse the glue drying issue when in fact the warmer yellowish screen has to do with who manufactured the display. My iPhone 4 was a cool blue color which I prefer. My 4S is warm in color and I definetlly notice it if I put my 4S next to the 4. I can see how the warmer tone of the New iPad bothers those that have it. Thankfully my New iPad has a cooler blue tone to it just like my 4. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Exactly, I'm not sure which one was warmer than the other but if it were the glue it would be blotches and not the full screen.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i too am experiencing a slight yellow tint or warm look. to be honest my OCD is through the roof right now but i think i can get past it

from the minimal searching i have done it looks like it may go away? to prevent from reading the web for hours on end can anyone from here confirm if it does? or do you just simply get used to it..

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i too am experiencing a slight yellow tint or warm look. to be honest my OCD is through the roof right now but i think i can get past it

from the minimal searching i have done it looks like it may go away? to prevent from reading the web for hours on end can anyone from here confirm if it does? or do you just simply get used to it..

BLiNK, my first 4S didn't have the yellow tint, but the factory unlocked 4S that I got from Apple in Jan. and am using now does have the yellow tint. To be honest, it bothered me at first too, but I didn't feel like taking it back when everything else was perfect with it. While it didn't go away, I have gotten used to it and have gotten used to it over the past 3 months. What's funny is that in natural lighting I notice it more, but when viewing the screen in a room that has fluorescent lighting the screen seems to have the blue tone only a little lighter than that of my old iPhone 4....

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.