Possible 4s yellow Tint Fix?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
This is my second 4s black replacement, the first one had a dead pixel. When I first got the phone it had a slight warm tint to it. I left the phone in full brightness auto sleep off for two days and after that full brightness with autodim on and auto sleep the following 3 days. After 2 weeks my screen is vibrant and blue tint is back! I compared it to my wife's new white iPhone 4 screen and her is slightly warmer than mine. I also compared it to my coworker's old iPhone 4 and my screen quality is better than theirs. Same blue tint but my screen is brighter than theirs Is it possible the the yellowgate is just glue not cured yet? For those having a yellow tint try what I did and see if it goes away in a week or two. If not see a genius. Oh my serial is c37 btw.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I suspect that is exactly what the issue is. It was that way with the iPhone 4, and both generations of iPads. Frankly, it's much ado about nothing - at least in this case.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I'm sure there are screens that are really yellow but it's not a big issue. People tend to blow up small things like this when it comes to ios devices! Just give it a few weeks no need to return it multiple times! Most likely you will get a replacement with a warm tint screen. These devices are being shipped so fast that the glue never has a chance to cure.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is necessary to do anything in order to clear up the yellow tint that some people have on the screen of their 4S. A woman who I work with had the yellow tinted screen when she first got the 4S. She didn't do anything to it and now her screen is perfect just like mine.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got a 32gb model today, yep, yellow screen. Taking it to an apple store mañana to be replaced. If that one has the same issue then I will wait it out, and then keep playing i-roulette if it doesn't go away.

VydorScope

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it is necessary to do anything in order to clear up the yellow tint that some people have on the screen of their 4S. A woman who I work with had the yellow tinted screen when she first got the 4S. She didn't do anything to it and now her screen is perfect just like mine.

I have read this exact comment on several forums many times over. What ever is causing some of the iphones to be yellow seems to auto correct in one to two weeks if ignored in most cases. I personally have yet to see a phone with the yellow problem, guess I just have good luck. :)

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site

The yellow tint does not auto correct itself. I gave my iPhone 4 to my daughter when I purchased the 4s. The iPhone 4 still suffers from the yellow tint it had since the day I bought it. Its going on a year of me owning the iPhone 4 and nothing has changed. I just did another comparison just to make sure.

I do not think glue is the culprit. I think it has more to do with the display makers quality. That being said, you won't notice the tint unless you do a side by side comparison with something else.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Exchanged the phone, and still the same issue. 2nd phone in two days with the same issue. I'm trying one more time tomorrow, and if it doesn't work, I'm keeping the 16gb 4s with the good screen and sending this one back.

Terrible.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I just looked at the serial # of the replacement, and it starts with C39 which is the bad batch apparently.

The good screen starts with DNP.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I actually like the warmer look, it's closer to THX video standard the way a calibrated display looks.

It's is. But just as tv manufactures push the blue in sets. Just like this thread people perceive the blueish tint to be more appealing thought its not correct.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes warmer is what you want when calibrating TVs. Technically better for colors. But this is a phone, who wants a warm tint on a small device.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Warm screen on a small device looks like crap plain and simple. We are not asking for a blue tint screen that destroys colors and whites. Ideally the perfect screen for this size is bright and neutral. I have made some 4s and 4 comparisons and in most cases the 4s is more neutral in color and brighter than 4 slightly bluish tint but dimmer. My 4s started off warm but cleared up and became more neutral and brighter than an iPhone 4. The point here is that if your 4s is still yellow tint after a month, return it! No one said it is guaranteed to correct itself.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The problem with returning for hope of a better screen is that not every phone is the same. Different lcd manufacturers play a major part on this gamble. I bought my wife a new iPhone 4 and her screen is warmer than my 4s. After a few weeks, the screen remained the same. My previous iPhone 4 on the other hand was not warm like her phone but my 4s was warm but now more neutral and vibrant in contrast.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73