Poor WiFi on iPhone X

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
What brand of wifi router are you using, I've learned over the years that makes a difference too.

Ok this is a bit ironic. I have essentially being saying that my Samsung S8 had better signal strength then my Iphone X and just now after seeing your post i looked at my router and its actually branded samsung lol Its a virgin media box but samsung is wrote on it!

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok this is a bit ironic. I have essentially being saying that my Samsung S8 had better signal strength then my Iphone X and just now after seeing your post i looked at my router and its actually branded samsung lol Its a virgin media box but samsung is wrote on it!

I use Google WiFi mesh router, works flawlessly. My internet speed is 300 mbps from ISP, exactly what I get with both Ethernet and Wifi ( on my iPhone X Verizon model). Asus had also been very reliable but range wasnt as good as Google WiFi

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear guys! Wifi on the Iphone X is ok. Iam generally only using it when in my room so its almost a non issue! I just couldnt help but notice however that when i do leave the room that the signal drops and sometimes loses connection all together! I experienced the same thing in work today where when i went to the toilet the wifi signal would drop or lose connection all together! On my android the signal strength was better is all!

My cell reception is similar! Occasionally it drops to one bar despite being in the same area and then a minute or two later it will jump back to full! Perhaps its normal but its not something i ever observed or paid attention to before!

I have noticed the same with my iPhone X (coming from an iPhone 6 plus. I have had issues with network service (ATT), and bluetooth, which I never had with my 6+. In particular, the bluetooth range seems EXTREMELY limited.
Streaming music while my phone is in another room always results in poor audio. Every time I get in my car (2013 WRX), I have to manually pair up bluetooth, (takes a couple times for it to actually work) which I never had to do with my 6+.
So far, this device has been a mixed bag for me. I wish i was still in my 14 day window. I'd trade it in for an 8+.
Too expensive a device for all these issues. I don't even want to get into the inferior chip they used for cellular connectivity...
Really Apple?? You price the device over $1000.00, which I made the decision to buy..on good faith, and you include inferior components..AT THAT PRICE.
Inferior in the sense that if there's a chip that works better than the one included, the one included is inferior.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the same with my iPhone X (coming from an iPhone 6 plus. I have had issues with network service (ATT), and bluetooth, which I never had with my 6+. In particular, the bluetooth range seems EXTREMELY limited.
Streaming music while my phone is in another room always results in poor audio. Every time I get in my car (2013 WRX), I have to manually pair up bluetooth, (takes a couple times for it to actually work) which I never had to do with my 6+.
So far, this device has been a mixed bag for me. I wish i was still in my 14 day window. I'd trade it in for an 8+.
Too expensive a device for all these issues. I don't even want to get into the inferior chip they used for cellular connectivity...
Really Apple?? You price the device over $1000.00, which I made the decision to buy..on good faith, and you include inferior components..AT THAT PRICE.
Inferior in the sense that if there's a chip that works better than the one included, the one included is inferior.

Stuff like this drives me crazy. Don’t misunderstand me. In no way, shape or form am I doubting you’re experiencing the issues you’ve mentioned. The fact that my experience is the exact opposite blows my mind. No one can say whether it’s the device, iOS, defective components or the environment. Know what I mean?

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Stuff like this drives me crazy. Don’t misunderstand me. In no way, shape or form am I doubting you’re experiencing the issues you’ve mentioned. The fact that my experience is the exact opposite blows my mind. No one can say whether it’s the device, iOS, defective components or the environment. Know what I mean?
No offense taken. I do think iOS 11 has been a dumpster fire since release (just my opinion). But I've also read about the two different phone models with two different network connectivity chips. I'm on the A1901, which is reported to be the inferior of the two, hence my comment about inferior components in a +$1000 device.
If possible, go to settings - general - and tap model to see which component you're using.
I wish I had your experience with the phone. I'm glad yours has been a positive one.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I haven’t had any WiFi or Bluetooth issues. In fact, I’ve been really amazed by the Bluetooth range of my X. In fact, I had my daughter put my AirPods in and walk to the other end of a college auditorium while I held the phone and she reported that everything was still crystal clear. That was well over what I’d expect for normal Bluetooth range.

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I haven’t had any WiFi or Bluetooth issues. In fact, I’ve been really amazed by the Bluetooth range of my X. In fact, I had my daughter put my AirPods in and walk to the other end of a college auditorium while I held the phone and she reported that everything was still crystal clear. That was well over what I’d expect for normal Bluetooth range.
Glad to hear all that. I'd be interested in knowing what model you have?
Settings-general-press and hold model
Thank you

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No offense taken. I do think iOS 11 has been a dumpster fire since release (just my opinion). But I've also read about the two different phone models with two different network connectivity chips. I'm on the A1901, which is reported to be the inferior of the two, hence my comment about inferior components in a +$1000 device.
If possible, go to settings - general - and tap model to see which component you're using.
I wish I had your experience with the phone. I'm glad yours has been a positive one.

I am using the same A1901 as you are.

IMG_0072.JPG

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow!!
Same model, gig size, & carrier as me.
So hopefully a software update will iron things out.
Thanks so much for posting this!

You’re very welcome, and I hope things improve for you soon.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No iPhone X in my house. Gf didn't want to move from her 7 Plus.

That said... all the iDevices in the house seem to work great on WiFi (2.4 or 5GHz). I would try resetting network connections if you haven't yet to see.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

In reference to the bluetooth issue with your WRX, have you went to the dealership to see if your system has an available update. Phone companies update their phones pretty quick when it comes to software, in those software updates are security patches and that is what causes the bluetooth to not function properly with your vehicle. Automotive manufacturers don't send software updates fast enough to solve this issue, they may send one once a year if that. So an older car (2013) and an older phone (6+) work great together but newer phones with the better updates and slightly different hardware is when you see the issue the most. Being that your car is a 2013 more than likely Subaru has an update out for it. If they don't then you'll need to factory reset the bluetooth on the car and likewise erase the car radio from you iphone and re-pair, normally that fixes the issue till the next update

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
In reference to the bluetooth issue with your WRX, have you went to the dealership to see if your system has an available update. Phone companies update their phones pretty quick when it comes to software, in those software updates are security patches and that is what causes the bluetooth to not function properly with your vehicle. Automotive manufacturers don't send software updates fast enough to solve this issue, they may send one once a year if that. So an older car (2013) and an older phone (6+) work great together but newer phones with the better updates and slightly different hardware is when you see the issue the most. Being that your car is a 2013 more than likely Subaru has an update out for it. If they don't then you'll need to factory reset the bluetooth on the car and likewise erase the car radio from you iphone and re-pair, normally that fixes the issue till the next update

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for this. I have an oil change coming up soon so I'll ask them about the radio at the same time.
I have already tried erasing the phone from the car radio & repairing. Will try it again though.
As an avid podcast listener, it is getting beyond frustrating knowing that anytime I turn off the car I have to struggle to re-establish the Bluetooth connection. I'll get a "Bluetooth connection not found" or "no Bluetooth device found" even when I'm holding the phone right next to the radio. I go through a couple cycles of toggling BT on & off before a connection is re-established.
Even when it is, sometimes only the head unit controls work & not the steering wheel.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for this. I have an oil change coming up soon so I'll ask them about the radio at the same time.
I have already tried erasing the phone from the car radio & repairing. Will try it again though.
As an avid podcast listener, it is getting beyond frustrating knowing that anytime I turn off the car I have to struggle to re-establish the Bluetooth connection. I'll get a "Bluetooth connection not found" or "no Bluetooth device found" even when I'm holding the phone right next to the radio. I go through a couple cycles of toggling BT on & off before a connection is re-established.
Even when it is, sometimes only the head unit controls work & not the steering wheel.

I work in the car industry and we see this soooo much. Hopefully there will be an update for ya.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR