Poll: Are you going to buy an iPhone 5c?

Are you going to buy an iPhone 5c?

• Yes

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Nope, I'll get an iPhone 5s

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

ZanKuvy

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely not. When rumors started I thought that the "cheaper" iPhone was going to be in the range of 350 to 400 dollars and I thought it would be a good option, but 550 it's too much for a plastic version of the iPhone 5. I still don't understand the reason of replacing the 5 with this C version, I'd be really **** if I had bought the 5 after this move, that's just disrespectful with the users.

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
No way.

You can still get a 5 for $99 right now on contract and I imagine the 5 will be cheaper or the same price off-contract as the 5c (though maybe I'm wrong on this).

Why would I ever prefer a plastic phone over an almost exact same metal one for the same price?

Very disappointed iphone didn't come out with a real "cheaper" option. The lumia 520 windows phone is only $99 WITHOUT contract with a 5 MP camera (like ipod but ipod is almost 3 times as much and not a phone). Had hoped apple would come out with something like that though that was probably asking too much.

claudeburdel

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You can still get a 5 for $99 right now on contract and I imagine the 5 will be cheaper or the same price off-contract as the 5c (though maybe I'm wrong on this).
I believe Apple and the carriers will no longer sell the 5. The 5C will take its place in the lineup. Although I'm sure people will still be able to get the 5 from eBay listings etc.

MM13

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep I'm planning on getting an iphone 5c. I'm due for an upgrade since June so I'm getting a green 5c. The reason why I'm not going with a 5s is money issues. I'm a college student so the 5c is a better option for my budget.

I should mention that i'll be upgrading from a 4s

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
As of right now...I've voted as undecided, but I'm at the 80% mark for leaning towards definately getting it. BUT- before I go ahead and purchase it, I do want to see and feel the phone hands on. Is it the colors that attracted my attention? Yes, that's a small part of it. The 2 main selling points for me is the $99 tag & the polycarbonate shell, which means less glass to be damaged God forbid I accidentally drop it & I will feel less compelled to "need" a case on it for protection. (I've alwaysbeen very careful with my current 4S & knock wood never had a scuff, ding, scratch or crack) In addition to the new purchase, I will be putting AC+ on it as well, like I did with my 4S, but I will rock the 5C with NO CASE :eek: imagine that! :p

So, while patiently waiting for the 5C to be avail in the Apple store, I'll look forward to the iTunes 11.1 update (win7) and then update my 4S to iOS7 which I REALLY can't wait for:D

rjkgr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
i dont think i will get the 5c because they is not much of an upgrade from the 5 so im leaning towards no but the price is the only thing making me chose

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
No.

We purchase a good amount of phones and the 5c shall not be one of them.
I think it is always best to get the flagship device for a number of reasons. Better specs, more features, better performance, longer supported lifespan etc. In addition, when faced with two phones where one is better than the other yet only one hundred dollars more, to us the extra money is worth it.

We also like the (to us) more sophisticated and refined look of the 5S. Remember, this is just our opinion, the 5c is pretty, just we prefer the look of the 5S

I do think the 5c will sell very well. It is just not the phone for us.

:)

Songbirdy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm about at like 80-90% sure I will. I mean I love iPhones what can I say and it will be WAAAYYYYY more durable than the iPhone 5S !!!!! I mean as you drop that sucker *shattering sound* it's gone said and done :D

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm about at like 80-90% sure I will. I mean I love iPhones what can I say and it will be WAAAYYYYY more durable than the iPhone 5S !!!!! I mean as you drop that sucker *shattering sound* it's gone said and done :D

I don't understand why people feel this way. My sister has had both iphones and plastic galaxy's. Galaxy broke on her multiple times when dropped. Iphones didn't. Maybe the hardness protects the insides more. You have to drop it at the wrong angle for the glass to shatter.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox