Poll: Are you going to buy an iPhone 5c?

Are you going to buy an iPhone 5c?

• Yes

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Nope, I'll get an iPhone 5s

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Such a simple question... what say you? Will you be lining up to buy an iPhone 5c? Or is the iPhone 5s more your style? Cast your vote in the poll above, and while you're at it, leave your comments in the thread below. Really curious to hear what you think of the 5c!

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently off contract, so I might buy one, unlocked, just to hold me over until the iPhone 6. I don't want to commit to the 5c or 5S fully with a 2-year contract... and the 5c is the cheaper full price unlocked option.

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My initial gut reaction was to get the 5C, but now that I've thought about it for some time I'm not entirely sure I want to upgrade at all from my 4. I'm going to wait until iOS 7 is released and the new devices are in people's hands and see what reviews are saying before making my final decision. However, my 4's home button is starting to go and I'm not wild about Android, WP8, or Blackberry - so I guess my only option will be 5C.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, but I'm also not buying the 5S. I just got the iPhone 5 a few months back and I'm content with it. My attraction is to iOS 7....:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I think they definitely made an attractive device with the 5c, but if i have a choice between an entry level and top end product, and I have the means to have the top end product with more features and newer tech, I'm going to go with the premium experience.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I think they definitely made an attractive device with the 5c, but if i have a choice between an entry level and top end product, and I have the means to have the top end product with more features and newer tech, I'm going to go with the premium experience.

​'nuf said...:)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with the Unlocked iPhone 5S as I do not want to extend my contract with AT&T. I already have the iPhone 5 so there is no point in getting the 5C.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
5S. No question. That's the one I want.

The 5C, as nice as it seems, is still not the best. Do I need the best? Naw. Do I want it? Yes.

The fingerprint scanner will be a neat feature, the improved processor will give me some future proofing, and I feel like I'll be in love with the camera. They're hitting my geek parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the sorts of people who frequent an iPhone discussion board are the ones who want the premium iPhone.

Me too.. Have a 5, probably getting a 5s and keeping the 5 as a backup and a traveller.

But if I had a tighter budget, and I wanted to be on WIND or Mobilicity in Toronto, Calgary, or Vancouver, I'd get an entry-level 5c (or an entry-level 5 as they clear out the stock, provided it has the AWS frequencies). It's a very nice little phone.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing the 5C price won't stay at $550 for a full year. They'll sell plenty at full price, but I think they'll drop the price once sales slow... especially in markets outside the US.

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I want the 5S, so I will not get the 5C, but I was really surprised to see that no one has said yes in this poll that they are getting the 5C either.

I clicked NO when I should have chosen that I will get the 5S. :)

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Unless some extra memory is crucial, and barely even then, the 5C doesn't make much sense to me. You're paying for a smartphone contract...that's the real expense. So if you spend an extra $100 for a 16gb 5S, after doing the math over a 2 year contract the difference is jack squat.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
kind of safe to say the majority of us here on imore would choose the 5S, the 5C would make absolutely no sense for an iphone 5 user, unless you're crazy about colors.....

rkaix

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I really don't think the iPhone 5's design is very ergonomic or comfortable, it's both too light and too boxy, which looks beautiful and sounds impressive sure but I just don't enjoy picking the thing up. it feels better with a case, but I don't like cases either. I choose phones by which will give me the better experience, and since I don't use passcodes anyway, a phone that makes me happy to just hold it (which is something I do all day every day just about) will give me much more enjoyment than a phone that'll impress me with a cool graphically intensive game for two days or a slow mo camera used once and never again.

Plus the colours look nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

claudeburdel

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I got up at 3:00 a.m. on Friday to pre-order a 5C from Verizon. I'm kind of surprised at the negative or apathetic reaction the 5C gets in comments across the Internet. I'm really looking forward to it.

Regarding the price -- since I'm in the middle of a contract, I had to pay full price. I know the 5S is only $100 more, but I think a lot of people don't take into account that many of us set budgets for things based on dollar amount, so even though the 5S may be "just $100 more," that still may put it above the dollar amount that we're willing to spend. I had been hoping for a lower price tag for the 5C, so when it came out at $550, I gulped but still went ahead and ordered it, but spending $100 more for the 5S was out of the question. I do realize that I'm paying thousands of dollars over the course of the contract so a hundred more or less is not that much in the greater scheme of things, but I feel like I made the right decision for me.

On the styling, I'm not convinced that the 5/5S style is necessarily the be-all and end-all. I owned a 3G and liked that design a lot, the black plastic and the curved back had to me a kind of retro-'40s futuristic feel. When the 4 came out, I wasn't that thrilled about the new design. I work with attorneys and so have seen a lot of iPhones sitting on conference room tables, and over the years the design has grown on me, and I appreciate it a lot more now. It looks beautiful, minimalistic, modern, and premium. But it still doesn't strike me as very user-friendly. I know the chamfered edges make it more comfortable to hold than it appears, but it still looks a bit forbidding to me as an object that, after all, we pick up in order to use.

So the plastic of the 5C doesn't bother me, and I actually like the curved edges rather than the right angles. It still retains the flat form factor which sets it apart from other manufacturers.

Regarding the colors, I have to say I'm taken aback by all the commentary that these colors, or even color in general, makes the phone suitable for "teenage girls." I'm a guy over 40, and I like bright colors. Also, as I ride public transit every day, I see plenty of guys with pink ties or pink shirts. Why not a pink phone? I wouldn't get the pink/red/coral one myself, but my point is these associations of certain colors to certain ages/genders really seems kind of arbitrary. I opted for the blue 5C. Since I work in a professional setting, I plan to get the white Apple silicon case. I like the combination of blue and white, colorful but not wild. Depending on how easy/hard it is to take the case on and off, I was thinking of also getting a green case for non-professional activities. The blue/green combo seems more relaxed and vivid, which I like. Hopefully the color police won't be knocking at my door. :laughing:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative