• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

PodPocket: The Pocket for Your Pods

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Although I initially passed on purchasing Apple’s AirPods last year, I recently ended up grabbing them on an impulse buy and now I use them all the time! The sound quality is amazing, the quite literal seamless integration and ability to switch between all of the things is definitely a #winning situation, and let’s be honest...not having to untangle a massive knot of cabling whenever you want to listen to some music is stress reducing for sure. Long story short, Apple‘s AirPods are a win for me.

Their included Charging Case also makes them ridiculously portable. However, I’m a bit scatter-brained so the idea of leaving them some place or forgetting where I put them is an all-too-present reality in my life. Thankfully, the folks behind PodPocket (not to be confused with Jim Gaffigan’s favorite snack) seem to have had the same idea, and came up with a pretty great solution.

Form

The concept of PodPocket couldn’t be simpler; it’s quite literally a carrying case for your AirPods. PodPocket is a silicone “pocket” that you drop your AirPods case into for transport. There’s a cool little imprint of the AirPods cut into the silicone which, luckily is not the “sticky” kind of silicone that you come across sometimes in other accessories. The PodPocket is refreshingly smooth all-around and feels great in the hand.

PodPocket1.JPG

Function

The entire top of the pocket is open so you can easily get to the charging case for quick access to your pods. There’s also a cutout on the bottom that’s actually quite a bit wider than the charging port so you can charge it almost anywhere. I love charging my AirPods on my Apple iPhone dock and PodPocket doesn’t get in the way at all.

PodPocket2.JPG
PodPocket3.JPG

But wait, There’s more! Call now and you can get...oh, nevermind. There actually is more though. The best part of this thing is that there’s a keyring and clasp attached to it so you can easily clip it onto a keychain or bag for even more convenience. That way, I don’t have to worry as much about losing them, and I don’t have to actually reach inside my bag to get them out! #firstworldproblems .

PodPocket4.JPG

The PodPocket is $20 and comes in 8 different color options so you’re sure to find something you like. I was sent the Indigo Blue, Pear Green, and Aqua Blue colors which you can see below, but there’s some other pretty neat looking ones as well.

PodPocket5.JPG

If you use your AirPods a lot, or if you’ve just been looking for an easier way to carry them around then check out PodPocket. You can’t go wrong!

Check out the entire collection on their website, and be sure to let us know what color you got in the comments!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’m already a step ahead of you!
2e9e67f7bf9378578751241e5a08c50f.jpg

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I fell in love with it the moment I saw this thread and immediately ordered one!

But I chose standard shipping as I'm not in a hurry to receive it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sachin Suthar