Pls recommend good iPhone earphones!!!!

NaijaFanboy

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
So I have been through MANy pairs of earphones over the years, with the various ipodsnand iPhones that I have had the pleasure of owning. However I notice that within a few months, the apple headphones always wear out. The music would sound very quiet in my ear, but would be verynloudntomoutsiders (in that, if the music isn't max volume I can't hear very well when their is noise,mbut others can)
It's odd that this has happened so frequently, to the extent that I always find myself buying new apple earphones. Maybe it is the way I treat them, but cheaper simple JVC phones from HMV (cheapest of the lot) seem to even last much longer so, for music, I use those.

However, I have recently started making more use of FaceTime so once again need earphones with a speaker.can anybodynrecommendna good pair to buy that are reasonably priced?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend the Bose? MIE2i Mobile Headset. What separates this particular model from the IE2 model is the added microphone.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

NaijaFanboy

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
MDR-EX38iP/WHI | EX Earbuds with iPod? Remote | Sony | Sony Store USA

I bought a pair of these after looking around for 50 bucks from the source ($34 for actual headphones and $15 for 3 year replacement warranty) and they are awesome. I didn't like to use in ear headphones before these ones and they just stay in the ear. Audio quality is great and soo is the mic/volume toggles.

Thanks for the tip. I've just gone to their website and in the description it says
Allows you to control your volume without having to take out your player from where you are carrying it. Compatible with iPod nano (4th and 5th gen.), iPod classic (120 and 160GB), iPod touch (2nd gen.), iPod shuffle (3rd gen.), and iPhone 3GS.

My problem is my iPhone is the 4s; so it seems that it's incompatible with the 4s therefore?

JustBlaze330

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I always stick to the Apple Earbuds. Maybe because I'm cheap, maybe because I dont like the alternatives I have tried... I just know the Apple Earbuds are comfortable,have a mic that people can hear me on and I can hear them.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

graceann07

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
So I have been through MANy pairs of earphones over the years, with the various ipodsnand iPhones that I have had the pleasure of owning. However I notice that within a few months, the apple headphones always wear out. The music would sound very quiet in my ear, but would be verynloudntomoutsiders (in that, if the music isn't max volume I can't hear very well when their is noise,mbut others can)
It's odd that this has happened so frequently, to the extent that I always find myself buying new apple earphones. Maybe it is the way I treat them, but cheaper simple JVC phones from HMV (cheapest of the lot) seem to even last much longer so, for music, I use those.

However, I have recently started making more use of FaceTime so once again need earphones with a speaker.can anybodynrecommendna good pair to buy that are reasonably priced?

hi...i recommend you the Shure SE425i with Microphone and iPhone Ready Cable..it's a great earphones i ever had for my iphone :)

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I recommend the Shure SE 215.

These are in the ear canal earphones. They come with a variety of ear canal sleeves in different materials and sizes to suit pretty much all ear canal sizes. Once you find the right fit, they sound brilliant and also block a lot of outside noise too. With these type of earphones, you do not need the volume turned up as high too.

I have other Bose equipment and I had considered the Bose earphones that have been mentioned, but these have a different type of fitting to the in the ear canal earphones I've mentioned and as such they do not block out has much outside noise, so these were a no no for me has I use my Shure SE 215 in a rather noisy gym.

If you are going to be using your iPhone in a noisy environment, then you need earphones that will give you good noise isolation, the flip side to this as well is the volume does not need to be turned up as high has lesser noise isolating earphones.

From the reviews I've read, the Bose are supposed to be very good, but they do not give as much outside noise isolation as the in the ear canal earphones.

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I recommend the Bose? MIE2i Mobile Headset. What separates this particular model from the IE2 model is the added microphone.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

So I have small ears and don't love many of the ear bud ones cause they seem to fall out or feel like they are. I actually can get the Bose ones for half off thru work. Wanna buy but hesitant. How do they feel

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Bose in-ear headphone I quoted will darn near be impossible to fall out because they have specially designed ear stays that fit perfectly in the creases of the ear above where the earphone is inserted. Trust me. They aren't going to fall out. See the photo HERE

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:
Reactions: phreddyl

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The Bose in-ear headphone I quoted will darn near be impossible to fall out because they have specially designed ear stays that fit perfectly in the creases of the war above where the earphone is inserted. Trust me. They aren't going to fall out. See the photo HERE

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

I assume sound is amazing and they are comfortable? These are the ones I am looking at http://www.amazon.com/Bose-326223-0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU1892798.

I can get them for $65.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I assume sound is amazing and they are comfortable? These are the ones I am looking at http://www.amazon.com/Bose-326223-0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU1892808.

I can get them for $65.

I love the sound of them and yes, they are comfortable to wear. The only difference between the IE2 and the ones you're thinking of buying (MIE2I) is that the latter has a built-in mic. Anyway, some people complain of being able to hear outside noises at low to mid volumes, but that is by design and for safety reasons. They are not like the Bose OE (over the ear) headphones where you can't hear anything outside of what you're listening to, but I love 'em and regret that I didn't buy them sooner.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I've just gone to their website and in the description it says
Allows you to control your volume without having to take out your player from where you are carrying it. Compatible with iPod nano (4th and 5th gen.), iPod classic (120 and 160GB), iPod touch (2nd gen.), iPod shuffle (3rd gen.), and iPhone 3GS.

My problem is my iPhone is the 4s; so it seems that it's incompatible with the 4s therefore?

Soo sorry for this super late reply, but these are fully compatible on the 4S. Volume rockers work, track skip work, mic is excellent, siri works great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods