Please Update from iOS 10 Beta message

Coffee4ever

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I was getting this pop up on the iPhone SE each time I unlock it saying "A new iOS update is now available. Please update from the iOS 10 beta."

That was happening a couple times the past week but today its happening every time I unlock my phone and is so annoying.

Before this began I already deleted the profile from my phone and withdrew from the program on apple's site. I also even did a full reset and new install of the iOS 10 on my phone, not the beta. I just wanted out of the beta then.

Then today it kept popping up again so I went to the site for the beta and installed the profile again, then followed apple's directions to withdraw by deleting the profile and then withdrawing from the program on their site, then restarted the phone and I still get the pop up.

I saw this same bug happening online for iOS 9 when I was searching for a solution, but nothing is helping. I had just reset my phone a few weeks ago from scratch and I really don't want to do it again. Is there any other solution to stop this pop up from coming up every time?

mjgardner21

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Great Question! I have recently begun receiving this same pop up each an every time I unlock my iPhone 7 Plus. When I check my software update, it tells me that my device is already up to date. Running iOS 10.2. I too have master wiped my phone, still no luck. This just started this evening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope we get this taking care of, I am going to chat apple support. Let's see what happens.

justedwardz

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Same thing for my iPad that I had registered for beta versions a long time ago and went through the same process to try to drop from the program.

PAN79

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
You need to wipe your phone again :(:(:(

Download the final version of iOS
If you have an iOS beta version and want to download the final version, follow these steps:
Connect your device to iTunes.
While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
When asked, choose Update to download and install the latest non-beta version of iOS.
An update install won't affect your content or settings.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203282

Cheers,

LSeaton1

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
You need to restore iOS using DFU mode to remove the beta.

DFU mode:

Note that you must have a computer running Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS 10.9.5 or later
  • Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer (12.5.4) if it isn't there already
  • Reboot your computer
  • Disable any antivirus and firewalls
  • Launch iTunes
  • Connect the device cable to a USB port on the computer (not to a USB hub), but DO NOT CONNECT TO THE DEVICE YET
  • Press and hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time for 8 seconds, until the screen turns black, then release the SLEEP button but continue holding the HOME button. If an Apple logo appears while holding both buttons you held for too long; start over.
  • While still holding the HOME button connect the other end of the cable to the device

You should see a message in iTunes saying a phone in Recovery mode has been detected (it may take up to a minute for the message to appear). When you see that message release the HOME button and the device should restore. When asked DO NOT restore a backup; set up as a new phone.

rhic93

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
This also started happening to me as well over the past couple of days, and is now coming up every time I unlock my phone. Any luck with apple support?

jonr1981

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
If you have a mac, download and install apple configurator 2. Plug in your iOS device and click update.

My iphone was doing the same this morning so I decided to do this to get it updated.

The build number I believe is slightly different.

The message has now gone away.

Bjsp

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I was getting this pop up on the iPhone SE each time I unlock it saying "A new iOS update is now available. Please update from the iOS 10 beta."

That was happening a couple times the past week but today its happening every time I unlock my phone and is so annoying.

Before this began I already deleted the profile from my phone and withdrew from the program on apple's site. I also even did a full reset and new install of the iOS 10 on my phone, not the beta. I just wanted out of the beta then.

Then today it kept popping up again so I went to the site for the beta and installed the profile again, then followed apple's directions to withdraw by deleting the profile and then withdrawing from the program on their site, then restarted the phone and I still get the pop up.

I saw this same bug happening online for iOS 9 when I was searching for a solution, but nothing is helping. I had just reset my phone a few weeks ago from scratch and I really don't want to do it again. Is there any other solution to stop this pop up from coming up every time?

found any solution for this problem??

Coffee4ever

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you to all who replied, I thought I would of got emails for replies so didn't know if any were here until now. I will try the best answer marked here with the DFU process first. Trying now..

I had to follow PAN79 since the other process mentioned didn't work for me by just holding the home button and releasing the power. I had to keep holding both. Then the recovery mode showed on the phone and picked update on iTunes as was told. Its downloading the 2gb update now..

Now iTunes says updating iPhone software...verifying...updating firmware...verifying...

iPhone is rebooting now and iTunes is done with it, says on iPhone press home to upgrade, then entered password, and went back to apple logo...with progress bar...

Entered password again and said update complete.

I tried unlocking and reloading and annoying message is now gone. Thank you so much for everyone's help! I am so grateful.

Coffee4ever

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes, followed the DFU thing and updated, posted a comment here with what I did and worked for me and still all my settings and things are intact thankfully. Didn't lose anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods