Please recommend headset (no earbuds, no earcanals) with mic and controls

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I have been through many headsets and not found one that I like. The ear-buds won't stay in my (defective, obviously!) ears. I don't want to isolate myself from the surroundings by using the in-earcanal types.

I have been soldering the Sony MDRQ22LP earpieces after snipping off the earbuds off the Apple ones. Bit these are fragile at the microphone/controls, which end up developing shorts or bad connections.

Any recommendations for headphones that have the mic and controls and are not the earbuds or in-ear types?

Thanks.
Aloke

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know these are in ear headsets, but the Bose m2ei headphones are all you could ask for. I too had problems with in-ear headsets but not these.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Looks like the similar concept as yurbuds.
The Bose is too expensive for my budget .. especially given my experience with the fragility of these things, with the wires connections getting damaged near the earpieces or microphone.
At $130, these will have to last me a lifetime.

MorphCase

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought a pair of Bluetooth Motorola headset. They work great! They where around 30 to 40 bucks and are not showing any sign of ware and I have used them continuously for months. I would highly recommend them.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I bought a pair of Bluetooth Motorola headset. They work great! They where around 30 to 40 bucks and are not showing any sign of ware and I have used them continuously for months. I would highly recommend them.
Which model did you buy? They have quite a few.

Can you exercise in yours? Are they sweat-proof and stay in the ear?

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2