Please how do I move WhatsApp message from Android to IOS?

I

iMore Question

I recently changed my phone from Samsung 6 Edge+ to iPhone 6S. Using the "move to IOS" app, I moved my contacts, pictures, SMS and some other details to the iPhone. However, I have been unable to move the WhatsApp messages.

Please how do I get to move WhatsApp messages from the Samsung 6 edge+ to iPhone 6S?

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site

citechnologies

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Google Drive is the best option for backup your messages where you can migrate it from any mobile platform at any instance of time. Its Free and Integrated with WhatsApp. No need to use Third Party Softwares like Backuptrans or any other software.

How to backup WhatsApp messages on Google Drive?

1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Go to Menu > Settings > Chats and calls > Chat backup.
3. Tap on Back up to Google Drive and set up the backup frequency to your liking.
4. Select your Google Account and Press Backup.
All your WhatsApp messages will be backup on Google Drive.

How to Restore WhatsApp Messages from Google Drive?

1. Make sure the same Google account that was used to perform the backup has been added to your phone.
2. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
3. After verifying your number, you will be prompted to restore your messages and media from Google Drive.
4. After the restoration process is complete, tap on Next and your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
5. After restoring your chats, WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files.
6. Restore Done.

Hope this helps you...

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe copying the Google Drive based backup to iCloud, and then restoring from iCloud is an option? Or the reverse path, iCloud manual copy to Google Drive for a restore to an Android smartphone. I have not tried, but would be good to know in the event I end up trying WhatsApp in the future.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/iphone/20888066/

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Maybe copying the Google Drive based backup to iCloud, and then restoring from iCloud is an option? Or the reverse path, iCloud manual copy to Google Drive for a restore to an Android smartphone. I have not tried, but would be good to know in the event I end up trying WhatsApp in the future.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/iphone/20888066/

You can’t access any backups saved to iCloud via a web interface nor through iCloud on Windows or Mac.

The only thing you can access is iCloud Drive, but backups aren’t saved to there.

bobobo3

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
The steps to moce WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS:

1. Open your WhatsApp on Android phone.
2. Go to settings> chats> chat backup.
3. Press the "backup" button and start to backup messages.
4. Install WhatsApp in your ios device.
5. Login your WhatsApp account on iOS.

Elite1

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The steps to moce WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS:

1. Open your WhatsApp on Android phone.
2. Go to settings> chats> chat backup.
3. Press the "backup" button and start to backup messages.
4. Install WhatsApp in your ios device.
5. Login your WhatsApp account on iOS.

Well that doesn’t work. WhatsApp for iPhone only has access to backups on iCloud.

Old thread, but was still looking for a way without dropping $25-50 on an app that I’ll use once.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods