Please HELP! iPhone XS Battery Health issue

I

iMore Question

Hello, people! How are you all? Anyone who's seeing this please do reply as I am into anxiety after seeing battery health after two weeks.
I bought brand iPhone XS on 12th December. Almost two weeks before. It was brand & was activated on 12th December & updated to latest iOS as well. Now what I am worried about is that I never let my iPhone fall below 50% charge. I always keep it above 60%. After just one week my battery health dropped from 100% to 99% & now in the end of second week it dropped to 98%. 2% in two weeks. Why is this happening. My iPhone is working all fine. No issues at all. I get 4 hours on screen time with 20% battery left but why my battery health is draining so fast like 1% every week? I live in Pakistan so here we have no authorised Apple service centres. Can any guide me that what to do? I am really worried.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know, but you might want to consider charging the phone overnight instead of the way you’re currently charging it. In addition, feel free to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them check it out for you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It could be an app causing excess battery drain. Try this:
1. Turn Background App Refresh on for all apps. This helps apps run in the background more efficiently, using less resources.
2. Swipe any suspect apps out of multitasking. (Kill the apps). If not sure, just swipe them all out.
3. Do a Hard Reset of the iPhone. (Reboot)
See if that works.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello, people! How are you all? Anyone who's seeing this please do reply as I am into anxiety after seeing battery health after two weeks.
I bought brand iPhone XS on 12th December. Almost two weeks before. It was brand & was activated on 12th December & updated to latest iOS as well. Now what I am worried about is that I never let my iPhone fall below 50% charge. I always keep it above 60%. After just one week my battery health dropped from 100% to 99% & now in the end of second week it dropped to 98%. 2% in two weeks. Why is this happening. My iPhone is working all fine. No issues at all. I get 4 hours on screen time with 20% battery left but why my battery health is draining so fast like 1% every week? I live in Pakistan so here we have no authorised Apple service centres. Can any guide me that what to do? I am really worried.

Battery Health degrades gradually over time. It’s related to how often you drain your battery and charge it.
You must be using your iPhone a lot.
I wouldn’t worry about it.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My XS is at 94% after fourteen months (not good in my eyes).
Force close everything,webpages as well, clear your history in Safari, go through settings and turn off anything you do not have a reason to have on. Re boot.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 11 Pro is down to 95% after three months

Have you done anything differently than you did with your Max? On your phone more now? Any new apps? Are your settings for screen brightness, Push notifications, and location services the same? Those are the big 3 battery users. Others are streaming video and music, apps like Facebook, Twitter, forum apps, photo editing apps, etc. I try to plug my phone in when doing anything battery intensive, like updating apps, updating iOS, backing up my phone, and using apps I know uses a lot of battery. I'll plug in when using Superimpose, YouTube, Facebook, and TapaTalk, because I know they use a lot of battery. Plugging in prevents them from using the phone's battery. But I wouldn't worry about 95% after 3 months. Make whatever adjustments needed, and enjoy your iPhone. You'll likely be ready to upgrade again before your battery needs replacing.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Have you done anything differently than you did with your Max? On your phone more now? Any new apps? Are your settings for screen brightness, Push notifications, and location services the same? Those are the big 3 battery users. Others are streaming video and music, apps like Facebook, Twitter, forum apps, photo editing apps, etc. I try to plug my phone in when doing anything battery intensive, like updating apps, updating iOS, backing up my phone, and using apps I know uses a lot of battery. I'll plug in when using Superimpose, YouTube, Facebook, and TapaTalk, because I know they use a lot of battery. Plugging in prevents them from using the phone's battery. But I wouldn't worry about 95% after 3 months. Make whatever adjustments needed, and enjoy your iPhone. You'll likely be ready to upgrade again before your battery needs replacing.

My main battery killer is onedrive. I didn’t think about plugging my phone in while using apps. Does it really help the life of the battery?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join iMore.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My main battery killer is onedrive. I didn’t think about plugging my phone in while using apps. Does it really help the life of the battery?

Yup, even the old iPhone charger will keep up with YouTube, for instance so your battery level should not decrease while watching.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW