PIP-Toy - Fallout Themed Compass, Level, Stats, & Map App

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Pip-Toy (Cosplay Mode - No Ads) Version 2 (shown below)

Now with cosplay mode... activate it by going in landscape mode, then resize the screen to best fit your physical Pip-Boy (either the official one that came with Pip-Boy editions of Fallout 4 or one that you made yourself!)

IMG_1994.jpg
Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 14 Pro Max - 2023-09-24 at 21.51.51.png
Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 14 Pro Max - 2023-09-24 at 21.46.42.png

image6.png image3.png image5.png Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 14 Plus - 2023-01-08 at 22.39.36.png image1.png

Pip-Toy (Fallout inspired compass, level, stats, and maps) will help you traverse the wastelands using the built in compass. But wait, there's more! If you act now, you'll also get an angle finder, flashlight, and a map to boot!
So with this app on your device, grab your favorite cola and head for the high ground to avoid the fallout!

Edit: removed links to version 1 with is still in the App Store, but has ads, uses google maps, and NO cosplay mode.

Pip-Toy (Version 2)

Attachments

• image4.png
    image4.png
    522.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    367.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting this, I just bought it and it is really great!! I’m using a lovely purple color. Thanks for creating such a useful nice looking app

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I updated the main post to reflect the screenshots of the new version for iOS 14 devices.

I've been debating adding a watch extension to the paid version. It would just show the compass. However, it bothers me that the time, in white, is stuck at the top right of 3rd party watchOS apps. Since it can't be hidden, it kind of throws the whole thing off. I've read there are some hacks to remove/hide it, but am of the understanding that Apple won't approve such apps.

So, would the time, stuck on the screen in white, bother people too much? Any thoughts on the matter would be welcomed!

Last edited:

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Updated the original post to show screenshots from Version 2.

New in Version 2:
* Recoded in SwiftUI
* Updated the compass visuals.
* Reworked the level to show angle of bottom edge and side edge.
* Added a stat view that shows health info from a connected Apple Watch. If no watch is connected, the stats look a little different due to available information.
* Reworked the Map screen to use Apple Maps for better performance (instead of Google maps used in version 1, PIP Compass LT).

NOTE: The free version, PIP Compass LT, is stuck on version 1 for now...There seems to be issues with Google ads and performance/compatability with SwiftUI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Annie_M

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Version 2, renamed to Pip-Toy, now has a cosplay mode where you can lock the app in portrait mode and resize the screen for positioning it to physical Pip-Boy shells that fit on your arm.

IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_1994.jpg
IMG_1991.jpg

Here's a video showing how the resize feature works in landscape mode...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal