Picking up my phone tomorrow.... Question.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I reserved my iPhone 5 tonight to pick up at my Apple store tomorrow.

When go in to pick it up Can I just pay and go (meaning activate when I get home) or will the force me to activate it there?

tracy08

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It is a common practice, they will ask you do it there. Just tell them that you want to gift it to someone.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It is a common practice, they will ask you do it there. Just tell them that you want to gift it to someone.

I did tell them that
Person picking up phone has to be on account or be account holder and say it has to be opened

Maybe it's just the person i got but they refused

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I did tell them that
Person picking up phone has to be on account or be account holder and say it has to be opened

Maybe it's just the person i got but they refused

They are doing that to cut down on people flipping them New in Box on eBay/Craigslist for a profit.

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If you Insist on gifting it, they will allow you to leave without activating it. I don't kno and any rules requiring or forcing you to activate it on the spot.

Moe2005

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
When I got mine at full price @ the Apple Store, they insisted that I activated the phone but they didn't open it. It won't really activate until you turn it on.

Sent from my iPhone

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
That sucks that apple is doing this, not letting people keep their phones unopened even tho people are paying $200-$850 for them. I got mine release day at the AT&T store and a guy beside me checking out with a 64 GB iPhone 5, told the AT&T employee to leave the phone in the box as he was buying it for his boss (lucky boss) I said u must really want that promotion! Lol, anyways they were cool with it didn't even second guess it, he paid and left and that was that. What I want to know is, are people that ordered the iPhone 5 to be shipped to them receive them open? Or were they sealed in the box like they should be? Because why is that any different if u buy from apple at the store or online?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
They kept it sealed in a box for me no questions asked. Asked if I needed help setting it up, I said no thanks, and left with my sealed phone.