Picking up iPhone 7 at apple store

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So can anyone who has bought a iPhone from the website or apple store and chose to pick explain to me how the process works? I used my credit card and purchased the iPhone 7 and chose the option to pick up the iPhone from store.

First question is ..
do I need to take my credit card to pay or will apple just bill me right away?

Second question is ..
I chose the earliest time frame between 11:30 to 12:30 but can I go earlier to pick it up since it's already purchased?

Third question is..
do I need id or the method of payment when going to pick up my phone.

And finally is their anything else I need to known

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Pick up iPhone 7 at apple store

Anytime I've ever picked anything up I needed my id and method of payment. As far as the time, i would image that they schedule pick ups for a reason. They are attempting to manage traffic and your wait time. I would go at the time you selected.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pick up iPhone 7 at apple store

You can check in earlier than your appointment time if you want, but you may be waiting awhile.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

As previously stated, Definitely bring your ID and credit card with you and I don't recommend showing up much earlier than your scheduled reservation time.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

another vote for ID and payment method, and go at your scheduled time. They'll likely be busy helping others that got the earlier time slots :)

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I used my brothers credit card i am giving him the cash but the card is under his name i am assuming I have to Bring him?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I used my brothers credit card i am giving him the cash but the card is under his name i am assuming I have to Bring him?

Yes, they will never let you use another's person's card. Apple is very anal about iPhone theft, so they do check things carefully. Not sure if you can bring CASH and pay that way instead of using the CC that is holding the phone. I never seen a post about it, I never tried it.. I like paying with Amex to give me all the support from Amex if something goes sideways. So yes.. I would bring him.. and buy him lunch! He deserves it!

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Yes, they will never let you use another's person's card. Apple is very anal about iPhone theft, so they do check things carefully. Not sure if you can bring CASH and pay that way instead of using the CC that is holding the phone. I never seen a post about it, I never tried it.. I like paying with Amex to give me all the support from Amex if something goes sideways. So yes.. I would bring him.. and buy him lunch! He deserves it!

Haha thank you for reply.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This guarantees me a iPhone 7 right on Friday like apple will reserve me it for pick up between 12-12:30

If you order now, there is no guarantee there will be one available for pick up on Friday. If you already have one scheduled for pick up between 12-12:30 you should be good to go. Ordering now for Friday is a shot in the dark. Depending on your location and what device / size / memory you want, will determine if there is expected stock. There is not unlimited stock at Apple stores.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
When I have previously picked up in Apple Store, they just ask for ID. But just in case bring your CC. It's already charged before so it should not be needed but bring it just in case.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
When I have previously picked up in Apple Store, they just ask for ID. But just in case bring your CC. It's already charged before so it should not be needed but bring it just in case.

I picked up last year and I don't think my cc was charged beforehand.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I picked up last year and I don't think my cc was charged beforehand.

Because it was just a reservation last year. This year you had to pay. My CC has already been charged for both i7's that I'm picking up. Was charged around Saturday or Sunday.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I ordered it Monday and my credit card was charged and i chose 12-12:30 check in time. That was the earliest I noticed on the apple website if I don't have my credit card i just need ID and the order number and they also said to come in between the check in time for best experience..so i am wondering if I go earlier and a apple store staff offers me assistance if he could just go grab my iPhone that I already paid for

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered it Monday and my credit card was charged and i chose 12-12:30 check in time. That was the earliest I noticed on the apple website if I don't have my credit card i just need ID and the order number and they also said to come in between the check in time for best experience..so i am wondering if I go earlier and a apple store staff offers me assistance if he could just go grab my iPhone that I already paid for

I don't recommend it... there are others that had earlier times, and they want the service and attention. It's possible the will be done faster, but not likely. If they are not.. then you will just have to hang around the Apple store that much longer.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't recommend it either. I had a chat with an Apple Store GM the other day and they have a very specific number of employees assigned to very specific tasks during the day of and the days following the launch. Showing up a few minutes early probably won't be an issue because there are people who will not use their entire 30-minute time slot but any earlier than that and you're likely to be sent away.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am so glad i put my order in on monday i bought the iphone 7 128gb now they are all sold out
d899a16d5911d866927eb01c1d9d482c.jpg

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
*Edit...This applies to United States orders for in store pickup...

If you ordered and selected Friday 9/16 and a pick up window between 12:00 and 12:30 you are 100% guaranteed that device is yours. Currently you should have already received a Confirmation email and it will be showing as PROCESSING. Tomorrow depending where you are, (but Thursday 9/15) at some point your status will and your Card will be Charged the amount you owe and your status will change. Phones are shipped to the store Thursday and even though you pre-ordered technically Apple cannot charge you until your item has shipped to the store. You should see the charge Thursday, however if you would like confirmation from Apple without waiting hours to speak with someone, do the following...

Call 1800MYAPPLE from the phone number you are putting the new phone on
-It will prompt you what you are calling for: Say Customer Service
-It will say, "We notice you recently placed an order for a new iPhone. Are you calling to get the status of your order?"
-Answer yes, and it will ask if you would like to hear your current status from read to you or if you'd like to wait for a consultant
-Just agree to have it given to you
-It should say that iPhone 7 is currently being Processed and will be available for pickup a ....Apple Store between 12:00 and 12:30.

*I'm in the exact same position but need to work so my window is 4:00-4:30pm.
*Our cards are pre-authed so they know the funds are available but they won't be actually charged till shipped tomorrow
*Rest assured that as long as you have ID and the CC used for payment, and apparently the owner of that card it will pretty smooth sailing.
*As for going early...it's a gamble. The stores are not uniform. In some instances there are separate employees doing pre-orders from those who line up early for "in stock availability". In other instances, you get there for your window and literally you get your device during that window because Apple has figured out on average it takes just under 30mins per customer between activation, trade ins of old devices for store credit potentially, buying a case, etc.
*In my opinion, the later in the day the better. You are guaranteed the device and the morning rush is done. I'll be able to sit down, plug into iTunes and restore from my morning 6s backup (I know...it's a new phone, do a fresh install...I understand the risks and appreciate the warnings but I'm certain my backup will be fine and there will be know issues.) Then I'll pair my watch and go on my way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh