Photos-Optimize Storage Problem

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I have Optimize phone storage turned on in setting for photos. I have a picture I downloaded from my Drone to my iPhone and need to share it with someone on Reddit. He kindly volunteered to touch it up a bit before I get a large photo printed of it.

However reddit (and IMGUR)cannot see the photo in my album or any photo for that matter unless I took it with the camera. Some googling shows that people believe this is due optimize photos since the full res photo is in the cloud. This is pretty frustrating, how do I make sure only that single one is downloaded to my phone without selecting “download and keep originals” which would do every photo I have?

Also when I go to print at a kiosk how can I ensure I’m printing a full res version of my photo which is important since I’m blowing it up pretty large?
Thanks.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Check privacy Settings in Settings > Photos if Imgur and reddit are allowed to access your photos.

Any and all photos you have recently accessed in the Photos app or via an other app will be downloaded at full res, unless you’re not on WiFi in case you haven’t enabled cellular data usage for Photos.