Photos on a Windows system?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
A friend of mine uses an iPhone but has no Apple desktop, just a Windows pc.
Is there a way to put all the pics from her iPhone Photos app on her Windows desktop?
(if possible the complete separate folders in which the pics are stored)

She has all her pics on iCloud as well...

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When the iPhone is connected to her PC, the file manager should automatically detect the files and folders on the device and allow the person to copy/move the pics over to the PC. I’ll test it out to confirm later when I get home.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If she does regular iCloud back-ups, she should be able to access the photos on her iPhone by going to iCloud.com and logging in. I just checked and found the option to download photos to my PC.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The easy way is to connect phone to PC, the phone will ask if you want to allow this device to access photos and videos, click yes.

Open File Explorer, click This PC. On devices and drives, you will see iPhone, click it. Then click internal storage, then click DCIM.

You will now see a bunch of folders with their photos and videos. Drag and drop. There is also an iCloud app for Winders, but I hear that Apple took away the ability to download photos with it.

There is also a paid app (Windows0 that supposedly transfers photos to the desktop.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The easy way is to connect phone to PC, the phone will ask if you want to allow this device to access photos and videos, click yes.

Open File Explorer, click This PC. On devices and drives, you will see iPhone, click it. Then click internal storage, then click DCIM.

You will now see a bunch of folders with their photos and videos. Drag and drop. There is also an iCloud app for Winders, but I hear that Apple took away the ability to download photos with it.

There is also a paid app (Windows0 that supposedly transfers photos to the desktop.

Exactly this!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend her picking up a MacBook Air, a used m1 can be had for a decent price.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I need to double-check, but I believe they can be downloaded through the iCloud in the Windows Photos app. I’m not sure if it was released yet.

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the “iCloud“ app on my Windows 10 desktop machine. There’s settings in it for all your photos.

Alternatively, I’ve always had the MS Onedrive app on my iPhone which does auto-uploads of my camera roll to my onedrive account.