Photos No Updating

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I know this topic has been asked before. There is not a good solution to it. When I take a picture on my 6s Plus, I go to my Mac and open Photos, I don't see the picture there. Sometimes I use my phone to take pictures that is work related. Both my phone and Mac are connected to the same Wifi network. This is counter productive because I am sitting her waiting for the pictures to appear or in this case they don't appear.

I have tried to force quit Photo Agent. That doesn't not work. On my phone, I have iCloud Photo Library, Upload to My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing ALL turned on. On my Mac, I have all three of those settings turned on too.

Which setting do I turn off and on? Do I do this on the phone or Mac or both? I am not going to sign out of iCloud to fix the problem. I am not going to restart the iMac either. I am not looking to share the pictures with family members or other people. I just want to get the most recent pictures that I took and send them in an email.

It is very frustrating to take a picture on the phone and it doesn't appear on the Mac. I thought Apple was all about making things work and making it streamline from phone to Mac and Mac to phone? I understand there is going to be burps in the system.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After reading your post, I opened up the Photos app on my MacBook Pro and then took a photo of my MacBook Pro via my iPhone X. It took less than a minute for the photo to sync to my MacBook Pro. Both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and both are connected via VPN. With that in mind, try resetting the network settings on your iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh