Photos App on Mac running out of memory

clearzero

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to import photos I keep on my NAS to the new photos app but it keeps gaging not long after import. I only have a few thousand. I get about 50 or so in and the system alerts me to not having enough memory. Photos then pauses and the only remedy is to force quit. I restarted the app and my laptop a few times just to be sure but it persists.

Any thoughts?

2014 MBPr 13" 8GB/256GB

clearzero

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I believe I figured it out. I had a couple of .psd files in my folder and Photos doesn't seem to like it. When I remove those the import went fine.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
There is a problem with it crashing my MBP, I am importing about 5100 photos, It gets maybe to around 1000 (but that's a very rough guess) and it crashes the whole Mac and reboots. I have the photos in a Dropbox folder, and I am just dragging them across into a dedicated folder in the Photos app. I am getting the job done with dragging smaller amounts of photos at a time, but this needs to get fixed.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I deleted the album and am staying with Dropbox's Carousel for now. While I love the seamless nature of Photos, the Photos app on the Mac is terrible. I spent all day trying to get it to import the 500 pics, doing about 200-300 at a time, but it kept crashing. I got to 4100 imported, and then I said "wait a minute - do you really trust this?". So I deleted the album I was loading into. I even tried closing the Photos app entirely, but whatever resources damage it was doing to the Mac was outside the app - it still crashed.

I'll try again when an update comes out - hopefully they can get this a lot more stable.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73