photos.app + iCloud Photo Library - tags and/or multi-users?

porkozone

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
For those of you using ios8, does the photos app have any notion of keyword tags? I know the current iPhoto iOS app does, and am hoping that is brought into photos.app.

Also, with iCloud Photo Library, is there any ability for more than one user to upload to the same library? For instance, can you log in separately to iCloud Photo Library using an Apple ID that may not be the same as your mail Apple ID, for instance? I'm hoping for this to be a way for my wife and I to finally have a shared photo library, but I figure it won't be that simple.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I may be mistaken, but I think you and your wife would need the same iCloud ID to use photostream. It's not meant as a social sharing feature. You can share with your computer if your iCloud account is there. If you share an iCloud ID, you would also share the same contacts, calendar events and email. You can have separate email accounts, but they would be visible to each other. I think. Also, if you share an iCloud ID, you both would have to share the free 5 gb of storage, rather than having 5 gb each. Other options for sharing photos are using Air Drop and email. You can send up to 20 photos on one email. You might could share a Dropbox account. Not sure. If I'm wrong or if someone knows better, please chime in.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

porkozone

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
That is the way photo stream works currently, yes...but I am asking whether the new iCloud Photo Library under iOS8 works the same way (a checkbox slider in the main iCloud settings) or whether you log in separately to iCloud Photo Library, which might allow two users to log into the same iCloud Photo Library (similar to how you can with iTunes accounts, messages accounts,etc.

I know there are some out there using the betas of iOS8, and hoping they might chime in.

My main question really is whether iOS8's photos.app utilizes any form of keyword tags.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh