jeffery flowers

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
So I'm wondering if anybody else thinks they are a photographer thanks too portrait mode. I find myself taking pictures all the time just because of how awesome the depth effect is...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a photography hobbyist, but not because of "portrait mode". I've been photographing people, places and things for years and I've used everything from a Polaroid and 110 to 35mm SLR and DSLR, but with my iPhone, I take photos mostly of my kids playing sports or for work purposes. Anything I consider needing serious photographing, I will take out my trusted Nikon D90 DLSR camera. I'm not saying that the iPhone 7 Plus can't do the job. I simply prefer to use my Nikon D90 in certain instances.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I think it's a great addition to a DSLR camera for those quick shots. I'll take my 50f1.8 over my phones camera for serious stuff.

But it is fun and a great addition to the phones dual lens setup.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I love the camera on this thing. It's definitely not high-end DSLR quality, but that's not the point. IMO, my phone camera takes much better photos than my DSLR. By "better," I do not mean quality. I mean what it captures. My phone is always on me and captures those moments and memories that are not staged or planned. The quality of this thing just makes them that much better.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I love the camera on this thing. It's definitely not high-end DSLR quality, but that's not the point. IMO, my phone camera takes much better photos than my DSLR. By "better," I do not mean quality. I mean what it captures. My phone is always on me and captures those moments and memories that are not staged or planned. The quality of this thing just makes them that much better.

Exactly. My phone is on me all the time but my Canon 60D and G1X II isn't always by my side.

I have thought about those lens for the phone to play around with but even at $20, I can't justify that for those crappy lens. It would again, something fun to do for social media but that's it.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Iv always been into photography and even had a photography studio at one point. Currently, the iPhone 7 plus is my only camera. I do not take nearly as many photos as I use to nor do I advertise for clients or charge for services.

I am going to Las Vegas in a few months and am debating wether to buy a camera to use there or just use the 7 plus. My last trip I carried a DSLR and iPhone 6 s plus and there were some shots the iPhone obviously could not capture that the other camera could, but then again with some of these new apps I have they seem to have narrowed down some of the quality issues, especially since I can shoot RAW.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I love the camera but I think apple was over selling it with the low light feature. I went to a concert last Friday night and as you know concerts don't have the best lighting conditions for pictures but I was let down by the photos I took. They were okay at best and terrible at their worst. The video i took was much better than any of the photos. But to be fair there was a lot of flashing lights and stuff going on and the camera was having a hard time adjusting since I have it set to auto flash and auto HDR.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods