Phone Keeps Turning Off

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My wifes ip4 keeps turning itself off. Searched for solutions and tried holding home+lock for 15 seconds and nothing, did the same while connecting it to computer, and nothing. The phone will turn on if connected to the wall charger but then turns itself off again shortly after being disconnected. Battery says 100% when it comes off the charger. The phone is only 1 month old, brand new from the carrier. Hasn't been dropped, hasn't been near water, and has been in an otterbox case from minute 1.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Closest apple store right now is almost an hour and a half away. Supposedly they are opening an apple store here next year but that doesn't help much right now. My carrier hasn't been able to give me any useful advice either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea carriers are no help when it comes to replacing the iPhone. a 90 minute ride is no fun but that's going to be the best way to get your issue resolved.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I will be doing a full restore as soon as I have time. Her phone also starting dropping the wifi connection a couple days ago even though in wifi settings it shows as connected and just today it stopped ringing with incoming calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Try the restore option as stated.... If no luck then to me sounds like that 90 min drive is a need. I know the feeling the nearest for me is the same drive. but i like to go to the store just to dream of owning a mac lol

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You mentioned in your first post that it was only a month old...if you're still in that window, you can return/exchange it with the carrier and save yourself the drive to Apple.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73