Phone, cases and cleanliness

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't use a case on my phone, so I always have a microfiber cloth I keep on my side table at home to lay it on. I clean the screen with it a couple times a day usually. I don't worry so much about the back though.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
That Whoosh cleaning stuff looks very expensive when you consider the phones are water resistant and lots of inexpensive cleaners exist.

Closer to topic, I might seem OCD, but I'm around a lot of humanity, have to touch others' keyboards, money, do sports and have a dog so my hands and phone get cleaned a lot. I've never seen common cleaning products, a damp soapy cloth or vinegar solution used for disinfecting kitchen harm my phones or tablets.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Whoose is a little pricey however at Costco you receive twice the amount of product and a large special micro fiber cloth think I paid 20. Cnd.and it lasts a long time I have tried all the cheaper cleaners and now use only Whoose on all my devices .

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
i like to keep mine clean, naked all the way. i never wipe my phone with my pants or shirt or anything thats not micro fiber.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
That Whoosh cleaning stuff looks very expensive when you consider the phones are water resistant and lots of inexpensive cleaners exist.

Closer to topic, I might seem OCD, but I'm around a lot of humanity, have to touch others' keyboards, money, do sports and have a dog so my hands and phone get cleaned a lot. I've never seen common cleaning products, a damp soapy cloth or vinegar solution used for disinfecting kitchen harm my phones or tablets.

Whoosh has no harsh chemicals and still does a great job of cleaning your phone. At the display when they were first marketed (one of the trade shows), they showed how much bacteria/germs were on people's phones and, after cleaning with Whoosh, that the germs were gone. As was mentioned, it lasts a long time; I bought the 3.4 oz bottle/0.3 combo, which comes with two good sized cloths (roughly 5"x5") and I'm just needing to reorder 3 years later (YMMV).

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
How often do you clean your phone?

i honestly dont wipe my screen that often.. if theres a smudge on the screen, ill just use the soft part of the palm of my hand. sounds weird, but it works for me lol. ill wipe it with costco's micro fiber at least once every two days... and my screen is still in mint condition.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not overly crazy about cleaning my screen after each interaction but what does annoy me is when there is some form of dust or debris between my phone and the case around the front lip.

touchthesky000

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Am I the only one who is so OCD about the cleanliness of their phone, their case that holds it and how clean their screen is. I'm constantly taking off the case, cleaning it inside and out and cleaning the screen with my cloth I clean my glasses with. Please tell me I'm not the only one who wants a clean phone.....all the time?

I am not so OCD on the cleanliness of the phone. I always put the phone in the case and clean them once one week.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Good point. Probably a much lower price there! But Prime shipping is pretty sweet too! lol

I popped in to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday to kill some time, and was thrilled to find they carry Whoosh! They charge $9.99 USD for a 3.4 FL OZ (100 mL) bottle and it comes with an Anti Microbial Cloth.

To make it even better, I had a 20% coupon.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I am not so OCD on the cleanliness of the phone. I always put the phone in the case and clean them once one week.

Same here. I usually just wipe the screen down with a lens cloth. But every week or so I will remove the case and wipe the whole phone down, to make sure no dirt has worked its way into the case, to avoid scratches.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro