personal hotspot

kbartk

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I can't set up personal network,and I don't know why,as you can see from the picture it dos not allow to enter the menu. It shows like something is searching.Can someone tell me what is about?

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    101.4 KB · Views: 28

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Alli is right. In order for it to work you must have it set up and paying for it through your carrier. Once they set it up on their end you will be good to go.

kbartk

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand ....I have used this feature on my previous phone which was Nexus S,without enabling by my carrier.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand ....I have used this feature on my previous phone which was Nexus S,without enabling by my carrier.

You might not have realized it and do you have the same carrier now? You DO have to have this feature enabled by your carrier for iPhone.

EDIT: This comes out of the IOS User Guide for IOS 6 and above.

Personal Hotspot
You can use Personal Hotspot (iPhone 4 or later) to share an Internet connection with a computer or other device—such as an iPod touch, iPad, or other iPhone—connected to your iPhone via Wi-Fi. You can also use Personal Hotspot to share an Internet connection with a computer connected to iPhone via Bluetooth or USB. Personal Hotspot works only if iPhone is connected to the Internet over the cellular data network.
Note: This feature may not be available in all areas. Additional fees may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.
Share an Internet connection: Go to Settings > General > Cellular and tap Set Up Personal Hotspot—if it appears—to set up the service with your carrier.

kbartk

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I sort it out...Settings/General/Cellular/Cellular data network under internet tethering/APN just put "internet"and you got it in the main Settings menu

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I sort it out...Settings/General/Cellular/Cellular data network under internet tethering/APN just put "internet"and you got it in the main Settings menu

Well so you now have your Personal Hotspot and it is working over the 3G cellular network? That is great and i am glad you stuck with it and sorted it out. I am still a bit surprized that your carrier is not charging you and had to set it up? Anyway you have a great day and glads to have you as part of the forums.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo