personal hotspot

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
i am not a iphone but thinking about it. if your with att is there a block on the personal hotspot feature? if so if you buy a phone say from the apple store are they unlocked so you can use them with what ever carrier? explain how that works please

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
If you go with AT&T you need a plan that supports tethering in order to use the personal hot spot.

If you buy an unlocked phone you can use it with any GSM carrier that has an appropriate phone plan.

-t

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
If you're still monitoring, do you still feel this way?

I am paying $30 a month for unlimited and $25 for my iPad data plan. I am thinking of switching to the 4GB tethering plan (saving $10 a month) and using that for data for my iPad. I never go over 1GB on either device.

My only question is how well the tethering works? Does it work seamlessly? Do you have to do anything to your phone each time you connect your iPad or laptop or does it just work?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
i am not a iphone but thinking about it. if your with att is there a block on the personal hotspot feature? if so if you buy a phone say from the apple store are they unlocked so you can use them with what ever carrier? explain how that works please

No, mobile hotspot is carrier dependent. Even if you get an unlocked iPhone it must be turned on by AT&T.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the unlimted as well and use PDANet when in airports or on the road for limited use. I will continue to do this until AT&T smacks my wrist and adds the plan. OR my wife isn't a heavy user...I might just drop her unlimited and add the hotspot to her iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh