Performed my own scratch test.

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
So I made a trip to the apple store today, in search of a lightning to USB connector. Didn't have any luck. But anyways. Seen the display models and decide to do a little experiment. People were saying a finger nail could easily scratch both the band on the black iPhone 5 and the aluminum back plate. Well I used my fingernail and tried scratching both the band and the back. Came up with no scratches. I did the same with the white iPhone 5 with the same results. Now there were scratches on the phones but they are display models and we all know that display models take a beating. I now feel better and am not as worried about this whole scratch gate crap that's going around. Just thought I would share.

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Haha no way would I do that on my own phone. I did try it on my own phone at first, but just barely pressing. On the display models I actually tried to scratch it with my finger nails. I'm sure keys or change would scratch it. Pretty easily probably. But what doesn't keys or change scratch easily in all honesty?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
It makes me laugh when I hear people say "ugh I left my keys in my pocket or purse and my iPhone got scratched. I thought iPhone was supposed to be indestructible."
iPhones are quality made phones but there not these crazy non scratching or non breaking if dropped phones. Pretty good that it can resist normal wear and tear from what I seen. Either case I have a speck case on mine got it last night for 38 dollars at target. I'm too OCD about this phone if I bump it or drop it somewhere and get a dent or scratch! :S

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro