Performance of iOS 10 on older iPhones

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have issues on older model iPhones (especially the 16GB versions) with iOS 10? Just curious as to experiences, issues, bugs, etc or anything else you might want to share. I have a 6 Plus here that I've loaded up with iOS 10 some time ago, and no real issues yet. Smooth sailing!

Tell me more, would love to hear what your experience has been like if you have an older-gen iPhone (non iPhone 7!)

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I installed it on a 5S and it runs fairly well!
A tad of lag here and there but nothing dramatic.

Tried on a 6 and it feels nearly as smooth as on my 7 Plus.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I installed the iOS 10 betas on both my iPhone 5S and iPad Mini 2 and did clean installs with both. They both run very good. No lag and pretty snappy. I am happy.

WarrenOriz

Banned
Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 Plus for the reason that iOS 10 makes my iPhone 6s perform poorly. It got stuck sometimes and the alerts tend to be mute somehow.

Alexnewguy

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I put it on my iphone 5 and actually in the first few days battery use was higher than usual, but that sorted itself out. As for performance I experienced quite some lag compared with iOS 9. Simple things like unlocking the phone, and switching homepages would freeze up for a sec but overall this was barely noticeable as it wouldn't happen every time.

Now I stepped up one level to the 5S and while not everything's what you might call "buttery smooth", there's no freezing at all, very little lag every now and again, and with the faster processor I can actually make loads more use of the convenient widgets and such.

Oh that was a bit long, my bad :p (by the way i'm talking about 16GB versions of each, so the slowest ROM speeds available)

sergeykrasilnik

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Using 5C now. Works even faster than when I bought it 3 years ago. No problems at all. I even used iOS 10 beta the whole summer and it worked almost perfect.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Have to admit I wasn't expecting such a positive response... good to hear! Especially surprised @sergeykrasilnik that the 5C performs so well for you!

Apple must have done their homework!

Freak_1988

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Its more or less working fine on my iPhone 6...love a few new features bt there a some issues like free space gets full with cache very soon & battery life is a little less specially after updating to ios 10.2

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have to admit I wasn't expecting such a positive response... good to hear! Especially surprised @sergeykrasilnik that the 5C performs so well for you!

Apple must have done their homework!

My Wife's 5c has done well. She's had a couple of minor glitches that required a restart, but it's mostly done great. She's refused an upgrade up to now. But she's talking a larger screen for watching movies now. I've notified Santa.

soulenigma

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I have noticed is that on iOS 10.1.1 is that sometimes when I check my widgets it gives me the thinking circle before kicking me back to unlock my phone. Other than that it has been pretty decent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro