Perception

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
While their test method is flawed, this how important Consumer Reports is for mainstream non-tech people. Think soccer mom Sue. Here she is cruising the internet and comes across this:

Got an iPhone 4? You may need duct tape - CNN.com

I linked to the specific page, but as of this writing, this was front page news. CNN reaches a lot more people than this site or competing sites. Once soccer mom Sue finds out, she informs everyone she knows about this. Now the reception issue is getting beyond serious for Apple. Time to save face and confront your failed device from the publics perception.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
While their test method is flawed, this how important Consumer Reports is for mainstream non-tech people. Think soccer mom Sue. Here she is cruising the internet and comes across this:

Got an iPhone 4? You may need duct tape - CNN.com

I linked to the specific page, but as of this writing, this was front page news. CNN reaches a lot more people than this site or competing sites. Once soccer mom Sue finds out, she informs everyone she knows about this. Now the reception issue is getting beyond serious for Apple. Time to save face and confront your failed device from the publics perception.

Exactly GF... Its the word of mouth from peeps that dont understand how the CR testing was wrong( I work in the field of science myself )..

Although not anything to do with engineering ( i work in the medical field..mostly research and doing peer review studies ) .. So i am very familiar with this as i run into it all the time.. So many peeps misunderstand the study ( or dont understand how studies can be very flawed , and or biased) ..

I totally agree Apple needs to make some kinda of statement on this .. Its not good to just let the media run wild with no word from Apple ..

Fresh1

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to think Apple doesn't give a flip and is content with riding out the wave of negative press until they release next year's phone.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am considering abandoning the Apple phone platform due to the arrogance of the company in this particular issue. This is one time silence will damage them.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
They haven't been silent though. They just haven't said anything people want to hear.

Apparently "hold differently" or "use a case" isn't going over too well.

I imagine they're sitting around rethinking PR 101. And coming up with some kind of plan.

IMO, a temp bandaid is free bumpers. This is quick and responsive. And buys them time to figure out a more elegant solution that we would expect from Apple. Yep, that's gonna cost em, but then they should already know its gonna cost em a few pennies. Think of it as a marketing expense.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
CR is worthless IMO. That radio engineer says their test is flawed. I say their whole review system is screwed up down to the criteria they choose as well has "highs" and "lows"....at least when it comes to smartphones.

But it doesn't matter because the mainstream media "respects" CR. And, as a result, so must Apple. An email from Jobs saying how flawed CR is would be really unwise :p

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
CR is worthless IMO. That radio engineer says their test is flawed. I say their whole review system is screwed up down to the criteria they choose as well has "highs" and "lows"....at least when it comes to smartphones.

But it doesn't matter because the mainstream media "respects" CR. And, as a result, so must Apple. An email from Jobs saying how flawed CR is would be really unwise :p

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW