People say we're addicted but I say we do it for functionality...how many Apple devices do you have?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

In our house we have 2 iPhone 5s, 2 Apple TVs, iPad mini and Macbook pro. Friends of my wife and I said we are addicted to Apple products. I will say that my wife has been in love with iPhone since 2008 but I'm always changing devices to see what's new and hot in the market but I always end up back with iPhone. And my number one reason is ease of use. The reason why we have all those products is because they just work so well together and make enjoying entertainment in the house much easier and convenient. Gaming, productivity and entertainment on all of these devices.... seamless. We can easily mirror or stream from our devices to our main TV and everything stays connected with our accounts and makes like a lot easier. Especially when dealing with a lot of other products from other companies and having to figure out how to get them all to work easy, this just makes the experience much more enjoyable.

So I guess we are a little addicted, but not to the products per se, but more to how they work together. How about you? How many products do you have and is there any thing makes the cost worthwhile?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

In our house we have 2 iPhone 5s, 2 Apple TVs, iPad mini and Macbook pro. Friends of my wife and I said we are addicted to Apple products. I will say that my wife has been in love with iPhone since 2008 but I'm always changing devices to see what's new and hot in the market but I always end up back with iPhone. And my number one reason is ease of use. The reason why we have all those products is because they just work so well together and make enjoying entertainment in the house much easier and convenient. Gaming, productivity and entertainment on all of these devices.... seamless. We can easily mirror or stream from our devices to our main TV and everything stays connected with our accounts and makes like a lot easier. Especially when dealing with a lot of other products from other companies and having to figure out how to get them all to work easy, this just makes the experience much more enjoyable.

So I guess we are a little addicted, but not to the products per se, but more to how they work together. How about you? How many products do you have and is there any thing makes the cost worthwhile?

I would agree with your assessment... the Apple products are stylish to look at, a pleasure to use... but the key selling point is the ecosystem and how well everything works together... as is often said of Apple products, they "just work".

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would agree with your assessment... the Apple products are stylish to look at, a pleasure to use... but the key selling point is the ecosystem and how well everything works together... as is often said of Apple products, they "just work".

'nuf said....;).....My family all have iPhones, but I also have an iPad 2, MacBook, Apple Time Capsule and Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. I think that's it....;)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Exactly. I mean I've had all these products at different points in time over the past few years. Now is the only time where I have them together and it just all makes sense together. One product really builds on the next. Of all the products I've owned, Apple appears to be the only one that makes a concerted effort that different products still are able to work together without hassle. I mean when using the PS3 to watch movies and having to grab it while using my harmony remote to control volume and now 1 remote to control them all is just a small thing that was greatly improved. And I was able to get everything at reasonable prices so that added to it ;)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Ughhh... If the number of Apple products you own is the determining factor of addiction then:

Original MBA
MBP 2009
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4
iPad mini
iPod Touch 4
iPod Nano
iPhone 4s x3
iPhone 5
Airport Extreme
Airport Express x2
Apple TV x2

in the not used Apple storage yard (My home office)
iPad1
MBP 2007
iPhone1 x2
iPhone3g
iPhone3gs x2
iPod touch 1

So... I guess I have issues :)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ughhh... If the number of Apple products you own is the determining factor of addiction then:

Original MBA
MBP 2009
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4
iPad mini
iPod Touch 4
iPod Nano
iPhone 4s x3
iPhone 5
Airport Extreme
Airport Express x2
Apple TV x2

in the not used Apple storage yard (My home office)
iPad1
MBP 2007
iPhone1 x2
iPhone3g
iPhone3gs x2
iPod touch 1

So... I guess I have issues :)

Wow. I'd probably have a lot more too if I kept older generations. Usually, I upgrade and then sell the older one while some like to hang on. But Wow you are "apple'd" up LOL.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 5 (x2), iPad Mini, iPad 2, iPad 3rd gen, 15" Retina MacBook Pro, 21" iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook, AppleTV (x3), iPod Touch 4th gen, Time Capsule, Airport Extreme, Airport Express (x2) plus a collection of iPods - Classic, Minis and Nanos.

Then there’s the stuff that I have owned and handed down (or sold very cheaply) to family members... that include iPhone 4 and 4Ss, MBA, MPB, iPods.

Like they say at the meetings... "Hi, my name is Don. I am an addict"!!!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Just 1 an iPad mini! But in the past I have had iPod touches of each generation up to and including the 4th, plus an original iPad. I am a tech junkie. Currently besides the mini, I have a BB Z10, BB PlayBook, Samsung S4 (just traded my Note 2 for it), 2 Roku boxes, and a Vizio CoStar (GoogleTV). In the past I have owned more Android tablets than I care to mention, and many Android phones, and 1 Win Phone8 (Lumia 822).

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Ecosystem. That's what drives it. Everything my family owns is Apple, with the exception of Samsung TV's and Amazon Kindle e-readers(paper white, which Apple doesn't have),

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Started with the iPhone 4S,in March, then upgraded to the IPhone 5 in June and iPad 4 in July . The airport express is on its way. I'm a new b, but must say apple is just comfortable and fits.

htabbach

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Up until 2012 I had not owned an Apple product in my life then my wife got the iPhone 4, soon after, she got the iPad, then I dumped my Android phone and tablet and got an iPhone 4s, when our Blue Ray died we got an Apple TV for streaming and when my laptop died I got an MBA, so we are an Apple house now!

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
In use, iPad 1 and 4, late ’08 iMac, Apple TV, 5th and 6th gen Nanos. Taking up closet space, Blue & White (zip drive baby), G5 iMac, 1st and 3rd gen Nano. Kids took with them when leaving the nest (Yay), late '08 MacBook, 3rd and 5th gen Nanos.

machead11

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
We have:
Performa
iMac,
iPad,
iPad mini,
2 iPod Touch
1 iPod classic
1 iPod nano 2nd gen
addicted and proud because they work beautifully:)

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I myself have my iPhone5, iPad Mini, Macbook Pro and an Apple TV. Over the years i successfully convinced my parents, even grandparents to join the ecosystem, which makes it very convenient to communicate within the family despite being scattered across the world. Nothing beats facetime from Pad to Pad.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a 5th gen iPod touch, 3rd gen iPad, and an Apple TV. My wife has an iPhone 4S, iPad mini, and a 1st gen iPad (along with a work issued 4S and 2nd gen iPad). Both my kids have hand me down 4th gen iPod touches.

The ecosystem, integration, and ease of use are probably the biggest draws.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
iPod Touch, Original iPod, iPod Nano, iphone 5, iPad 2 (2 of these), iPad 4. I guess you can say I'm an Apple lightweight. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods