Pegasus vendor denies scope of spyware claims, says customers to blame

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
NSO Group, the maker of spyware that was reportedly used to target the phones of journalists, activists, and politicians says that it is not to blame if its software is being misused by its customers. It also denied the alleged scope of a list of 50,000 phone numbers that were targeted for spying.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don’t see anything from Apple here that says that iPhones are proof against Pegasus. Only that Apple disapproves of cyberattacks and works ever so hard at fixing bugs and holes in iOS ! Which is very doubtful !!

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I don’t see anything from Apple here that says that iPhones are proof against Pegasus. Only that Apple disapproves of cyberattacks and works ever so hard at fixing bugs and holes in iOS ! Which is very doubtful !!

iPhone is not proof against Pegasus. And I believe, personally, against a bunch of another commercial spywares. The only two advantages I see in it are: 1. it could be harder to invade iPhones, because of the very nature of the system (doubtful, but possible); 2. with an iPhone I can control, at certain extent, which apps and services can track me and sell my data (doubtful again, and it will be circumvented in short time, I believe).

So, for me: is iPhone safer than Android? Yes. For a large measure? Maybe. Is it the safest device on market, as Apple claims? Certainly not! Are we safe using and iPhone? No. What can we do to be safer? Well, I use, alongside my iPhone and Android, a full LinuxOS phone. Will it solve all my concerns about security and privacy? Please read all my past answers in the same order.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods