Passcode Use it Or Not

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
When I first got my watch I had a pass code. Now that I have a series 2 I don't. I find the passcode to be so annoying on the Watch. Every time you need to look at a message you had to put it in. Also if I took it off I had to put in the passcode . You can select in settings when you want to be asked for the code . I found all the settings from r that annoying!!!!!

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
The only time asks me for a passcode is when I first put it on which seems entirely reasonable given it's got Apple Pay set up on it. I don't consider once (or sometimes twice) a day to be excessive.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I use the passcode— six digits. It just takes a second or two, and it's only once or twice a day, when I first put on my Watch, and if I remove it during the day.

Much of the time, first thing, the Watch goes on the wrist, next thing I check my phone and that unlocks the Watch. So using the passcode isn't a deal, let alone a big deal for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use a passcode to unlock their Apple Watch or do you not use a passcode at all??

Yes. I have a passcode set to unlock my Watch, but I also have it set to unlock when the lock screen on my iPhone is deactivated. Rarely. Do I have to unlock my Watch by entering a passcode.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I use the passcode— six digits. It just takes a second or two, and it's only once or twice a day, when I first put on my Watch, and if I remove it during the day.

Much of the time, first thing, the Watch goes on the wrist, next thing I check my phone and that unlocks the Watch. So using the passcode isn't a deal, let alone a big deal for me.

Yeah, what he said :rotfl: Seriously though I unlock mine with the phone more often than actually typing in the code. Most days I only remove my watch if I have a leather band on and I am washing my hands or getting ready to run because I switch out the band.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a passcode set on my Watch as I use Pay on my watch. I open the watch with the passcode when I first put my watch on and am good for the day. I would rather be safe than sorry should my watch ever be stolen or lost.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Since there is no Pay in the Netherlands and I never take my watch off while I'm not home I've disabled passcode on it.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

I'm ashamed to admit that after owning an Apple Watch for 2 months I had no idea this was a thing! Thanks, this is so much easier!

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I use the lock since I also use Apple Pay and use my Watch to unlock my Macs, and you have to have a passcode set to use that feature, I believe. But like others state, watch goes on, I check my phone then it unlocks...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Of course I use a passcode. A few seconds a day to ensure nobody else can get into a device storing my personal information seems reasonable to me. Even if it's out of an abundance of caution, I'd rather play it safe.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I have it on and only get asked for it when I put it on (again).

It's not that bad, and I also have unlock with my phone on, but it's just as quick tapping a few numbers.
There is still a lot of privacy info in the watch, I don't want random people checking those.

although a watch is more personal, so you won't be handing it out to other people that quickly, I like that if it's taken by someone it will still be secure.
although the unlock by phone might undermine that..., so to be really save you should turn that convenience feature off.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone use a passcode to unlock their Apple Watch or do you not use a passcode at all??

All depends about how much security you want between your personal docs and random strangers. If you don't have much personal stuff on your Watch then i doesn't really matter :)

I personally always have at least 1 pin code. Sometimes i have 2 passwords on my smartphone because i have credit cards linked and the extra few seconds it takes to unlock is well worth it to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox