Pairing Issue With Car Stereo...

darita

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
Just got my Xs and tried pairing it with my Kenwood DNX891HD car stereo, with no success. I tried restarting both, but no luck.
My 6 Plus worked fine for years. Is there a fix coming? Being a legal issue, I'd think it would be a priority.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Xs and tried pairing it with my Kenwood DNX891HD car stereo, with no success. I tried restarting both, but no luck.
My 6 Plus worked fine for years. Is there a fix coming? Being a legal issue, I'd think it would be a priority.

I don’t see a reason why it should not pair with the car stereo, especially when Bluetooth 5.0 is backward compatible. With that being said, is the firmware up to date?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

In your car stereo, make sure you have an empty slot to pair a new device to.

My car stereo only allows 5 devices to be paired to it and I have to delete 1 before I can pair another device to it.

Oh, and I’m not sure what you mean with ‘legal issue’

darita

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I'll make sure I have space for the device. I have to try some other things as well, that I've seen online. Many other folks have had the same issues and still do, so at least I'm not alone. Just a bummer.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'll make sure I have space for the device. I have to try some other things as well, that I've seen online. Many other folks have had the same issues and still do, so at least I'm not alone. Just a bummer.

If your previous iPhone was connected to that car stereo and you restored from a backup to the new iPhone, chance is that the car stereo still appears in Settings > Bluetooth > My Devices.
Make sure to Forget the car stereo from there too before trying to pair.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shortringtones