Owners -- What does the new home button feel like?

Garneth

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've pre-ordered my 7 plus but it'll take a while to ship. I'm wondering, for anyone who might have the device already, what does the non-pressable home button feel like with the taptic feedback? Does it actually feel / sound like you're depressing a key? Or is it more like the haptic feedback from on-screen buttons on Android devices?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple did a great job making the haptic feedback feel kind of like a button is being pressed. It's definitely different and will take some for me to get used to. Ask me again this time next week!

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Definitely!

But, at least there's haptic feedback. So that's that. I personally like having a feedback of my actions (hence why I need the keyboard clicks ).

I'm torn... it's good that there are fewer points of failure and ingress, but like you, I appreciate real, tactile, clicky feedback to let me know I've actually DONE something.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm torn... it's good that there are fewer points of failure and ingress, but like you, I appreciate real, tactile, clicky feedback to let me know I've actually DONE something.

I fiddled with one at the Apple Store today and kept trying to double press the Home button to switch apps and, of course, that didn't work so I finally gave up

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I fiddled with one at the Apple Store today and kept trying to double press the Home button to switch apps and, of course, that didn't work so I finally gave up

wait a sec.... what do you mean that didnt work?? is double tap the new home button to bring apps gone ??

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried double tap, triple tap, long touch, force touch and it didn't work. So I couldn't figure it out..
Huh... I can't imagine they've done away with this feature entirely. There must be some other way to get to it. My phone will arrive shortly and that'll be the first thing I check!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
im at work right now, my wife at home and both iphones 7 were delivered an hour ago, I asked her how does the home button feel?? and she says : what do you mean, it's just a button you silly... sigh !!!!

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Definitely feels different and most certainly tricks your brain into thinking it actually presses when you touch it. It's a neat, if unnecessary change.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox