Over the ear headphones

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to purchase some over the ear headphones. I've read reviews on beats monster Sony. There's good n bad for all these products. Would like to hear from u all that have any over the ear headphones. Like to hear any suggestions and opinions.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Bose AE2. I have them and love them. Amazing sound, great noise canceling, perfect fit. Only $149 and they sound as good, if not better, than Beats or Souls.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to purchase some over the ear headphones. I've read reviews on beats monster Sony. There's good n bad for all these products. Would like to hear from u all that have any over the ear headphones. Like to hear any suggestions and opinions.

Well im a DJ and i have been using mdr-v700dj headphones by sony for years while playing clubs and i also use them for listening to music while i travel on my iphone, i would totally recommend those i think they are around 149 or so, i havent bought them in a while

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Well im a DJ and i have been using mdr-v700dj headphones by sony for years while playing clubs and i also use them for listening to music while i travel on my iphone, i would totally recommend those i think they are around 149 or so, i havent bought them in a while

Could u send me a link for these???

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Bose AE2. I have them and love them. Amazing sound, great noise canceling, perfect fit. Only $149 and they sound as good, if not better, than Beats or Souls.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
You already know I would back you in regard to the Bose headphones. ... :) The sound is simply amazing, in my opinion.

I'm gonna have to go to best buy and check out those Bose AE2 they have really good reviews.

By all means, please give them a try. I think you'll be glad you did.

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Head over to the headfi website and research audiophile headphones Bose and beats are regarded as **** to the audiophile world because they sound like garbage and cost a fortune don't buy into the marketing man you could buy audio technicas for the price you listed which blow away any beats or Bose headphones

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Head over to the headfi website and research audiophile headphones Bose and beats are regarded as **** to the audiophile world because they sound like garbage and cost a fortune don't buy into the marketing man you could buy audio technicas for the price you listed which blow away any beats or Bose headphones

Have YOU personally tried the headphones that a certain website has regarding as crap? Some of us who have disagree, and our opinions are based on our experience and not based on what a website stated. I'm not an audiophile, but I do enjoy music a great deal and I'd like to think a great deal of other people feel the same way. Now, are there headphones available that are not as expensive and may even sound better to a lot of people? Of course there are.

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have and I'm also a recording artist and guess what you don't see beats or Bose in the studio either

Last edited:

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Not saying they are crap either if you compare them side by side compare to a true headphone then yes they are crap but a lot of people can't even tell the difference between an mp3 or a FLAC file not everybody has good ears you know

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not saying they are crap either if you compare them side by side compare to a true headphone then yes they are crap
Define "true headphone"? Listen, I am not doubting that less expensive headphone can produce a better sound or may sound better to a lot of people, but you cannot deny that Bose, Beat or any other more expensive headphones sound better and appeal of a lot of people.
but a lot of people can't even tell the difference between an mp3 or a FLAC file not everybody has good ears you know

True, but you're also assuming that because some people don't like the sound of one product over another one has hearing problems, and that is simply untrue. It's about personal preference for a lot of people. Going back to the OP, that person should go and test out various brands and then choose which suits his or her preferences and wallet.

Last edited:

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not gonna sit here and argue because you obviously don't get what I was saying a lot of people don't know the world of audio and you def are one of them I was making op aware that there are alot better sounding options for the money then a Bose or beats setup and I can care less what people buy I'll being enjoying my music reproduced the way its meant to sound and people that are to blind to get past the marketing of Bose or beats will never know what they where missing most people think Bose or beats are good because they look cool or other people think there cool

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
True headphone company's audio technica, sennheiser, grado,shure beyerdynamic,akg ,hifiman, list could keep going but I've wasted enough time in this thread

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not gonna sit here and argue because you obviously don't get what I was saying a lot of people don't know the world of audio and you def are one of them I was making op aware that there are alot better sounding options for the money then a Bose or beats setup and I can care less what people buy I'll being enjoying my music reproduced the way its meant to sound and people that are to blind to get past the marketing of Bose or beats will never know what they where missing most people think Bose or beats are good because they look cool or other people think there cool

Arguing? Who's arguing? Dude, lighten up. Did you not read where I clearly stated the following?

1. I am NOT an audiophile but do enjoy music a great deal.
2. less expensive headphones can produce a better sound or may sound better to a lot of people
you cannot deny that Bose, Beats or any other more expensive headphones sound better and appeal of a lot of people.
It's about personal preference for a lot of people.
that person should go and test out various brands and then choose which suits his or her preferences and wallet.

If you have a problem with the things I mentioned then it is safe to assume that you are arguably closed-minded to anything other than what you like. You said that you are a recording artist. Good for you. You may very well know the importance of sound in your profession, but everyone is NOT in your profession and we simply like what we like. For you to tell me or anyone else that I am unaware of the way audio is meant to sound while disregarding that I have an opinion of the way I like to hear it is a tad arrogant, don't you think?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
True headphone company's audio technica, sennheiser, grado,shure beyerdynamic,akg ,hifiman, list could keep going but I've wasted enough time in this thread

​The OP now has more choices to choose from, and that's a good thing...:)...Thanks for the suggestions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods