Over-riding iMac Terminal to allow “Anywhere” Install

fmountford

Jul 19, 2019
Visit site
Without success on my iMac I have followed straightforward instructions for revealing the “install from anywhere” option in Mojave 10.14.5 posted many places online. (Basically: “Add the command < sudo spctl -master-disable > in TERMINAL.”) Successful for many others, but sadly not for me.

The immediate error message response is:

spctl: invalid option — m
System Policy Basic usage:
spctl —assess [—type type] [-v] path ... # assessment
spctl —add [—type type] [—path|—requirement|—anchor|hash] spec ... # add rule(s)
spctl — [enable|—disable||—remove] [—type type] [—path|—requirement|—anchor|—hash|—rule] spec ... # change rule(s)
spctl —status | —master enable | —master-disable # system master switch

Kernel Extension User Consent Usage:
spctl next-consent <action> ** Modifications only available in Recovery OS **
status
Print whether kernel extension user consent is enabled or disabled.
enable
Enable requiring user consent for kernel extensions.
disable
Disable requiring user consent for kernel extensions.
add <team-id>
Insert a new Team Identifier allowed to load kernel extensions without user consent.
list
Print the list of Team Identifiers allowed to load without user consent.
remove <team-id>
Remove a Team Identifier from the list allowed to load kernel extensions without user consent.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere — I’ve been unable to find this particular discussion. At any rate, I would be grateful for guidance (in layman’s terms, please!). I’m simply trying to get Mojave on a new iMac to let me run my CS5 versions of Photoshop and Illustrator as my 2008 iMac running os10.9.5 is on its last legs. Thanks!!

fmountford

Jul 19, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the input. Sorry to report: Using the method of clicking in the Finder, the app (legacy PHOTOSHOP) attempts to launch, but immediately returns “Photoshop quit unexpectedly.” Open to further suggestions.

fmountford

Jul 19, 2019
Visit site
Still no solution to allowing “Downloads from Anywhere” through TERMINAL, but from an article in Macworld.UK — Preliminary solution to running Photoshop CS5 in Mojave (haven’t yet used Photoshop extensively, but the program *does* launch and respond).
1. Open “System Preferences”
2. Select “Security & Privacy”
3. Select tab “Privacy”
4. Click the Padlock icon and enter your Admin Password to allow changes
5. Locate the panel “Allow the apps below to control your computer”
6. Check the box beside “Adobe Photoshop CS5”
7. Again click the Padlock icon to prevent unauthorized changes

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member