Outlook exchange app? Better management?

Bakerboy2253

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Whether I?ve upgraded or down grade I am not sure, since I was long with BB (many years, you know when they had the wheel on the side) and then with android (for a few years, my thunderbolt finally died), now the IPhone 5. Actually so far so good after 2 days.
I need help, what are you using to manage outlook emails? I was using touchdown, but it doesn?t get very good reviews with IOS. What are us using besides the stock exchange?
Thanks Bakerboy

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you referring to Outlook.com emails? If so, I configure it via the Microsoft Exchange setup on my iPhone 5 and access it via the native mail app. Thus far, the native mail app has been sufficient for my needs.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm just using stock. It works great!

Posted by an Android Defector

Tell me how successful you are in:

1. setting your out of office in Outlook with the stock mail app
2. checking your Outlook notes

The above is why I do NOT like the stock mail app for my exchange account. Unfortunately, I have no choice in the matter (work phone and setup), and consider it a downgrade from Touchdown for Android, which I was using before.

Edit: I'm assuming Touchdown for iOS also has these features, but I haven't used it so I cannot comment as such. Still silly that the stock mail (and/or notes) app does not have support for these features in the year 2013. No excuse for it.

Last edited:

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Haven't needed to do either one of those. If Touchdown meets your needs, them give it a go. Stock meets my needs.

Bakerboy2253

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
“mulasien” I think you’re running into similar problems as I am
Unfortunately “touchdown” on android was great and all the reviews on “touchdown” for IOS suck, so until there is a better app, not sure how to manage some things.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
“mulasien” I think you’re running into similar problems as I am
Unfortunately “touchdown” on android was great and all the reviews on “touchdown” for IOS suck, so until there is a better app, not sure how to manage some things.

Well that's a bummer.

Unfortunately, our work zenprise server only allows the stock email setup, so my post was more venting at what I can no longer do, which I used to be able to. IMHO, Android's version of Touchdown is a model of how to do Exchange email "right".

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Well that's a bummer.

Unfortunately, our work zenprise server only allows the stock email setup, so my post was more venting at what I can no longer do, which I used to be able to. IMHO, Android's version of Touchdown is a model of how to do Exchange email "right".

I think this just highlights a glaring weakness of both iOS and Android; the stock email clients aren't as robust as they should be to handle enterprise.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB