Otterbox Preserver

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the Nuud for my future (hopefully tomorrow) 5s. It comes with a scratch protector as well. Spent 80 bucks on it thanks to some reward coupons I had. Expensive in my opinion, but lets see how it feels and if itsw worth the money. I'll keep it until a specific case for our 5s's comes out in the next few weeks (hopefully), maybe if I'm lucky enough the specific one comes out before the return deadline at BBuy... I'll try it tomorrow and upload pictures so you guys can see how it feels in the case, but acording to SlydWiz it should work perfectly.

Nites nites

Exactly what I just did with the LifeProof Fre! Bought it for the 5 and it fits my 5s perfectly, minus Touch ID of course. I have 30 days to return, so hopefully the Preserver for the 5s comes out in the next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Just bought the otter box, I will post some photos once I receive it ordered it last night from then directly. And just received the shipping notice. I'll keep you all informed.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just bought the otter box, I will post some photos once I receive it ordered it last night from then directly. And just received the shipping notice. I'll keep you all informed.

Yes please do im very interested in it, but so far i havent seen one review or hands on

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

The Preserver for the 5 I assume right? Just bought the Nuud for 5 and fits good good good, not a complaint so far. Maybe sound when calling a lil muffled and some vibration when speakers are at highest volume but other than that I'm happy with it

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea for the 5 I didn't feel the necessity this year to upgrade. Should be here on Wednesday. I ain't too good at reviews but I will try my best for you guys.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Good close up pictures of the case, fit, how well touch Id works, slimness would be the things that I would want to know about this case.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
So, I just got it. Don't got my camera to take photos. Will have access to it later. First opinion it feels like a lifeproof fre, but on steroids. It snaps and secures the case and doesn't have any play between the back and the front. Audio appears to be very good sound. Haven't done any voice calls yet. (Will have a call later and try). Buttons have very good feedback. Home button is like the otterbox armor, will take some getting used to, it feels smaller then the otterbox defender.

I will take some photos later with a otterbox commuter defender and armor for size compares ions. Also a fre and nuud. (I'm a case junkie).

Doesn't seem to have the proximity sensor issue that plagues these type of cases.

I'll have more to let you all know later on with some use. And photos.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So, I just got it. Don't got my camera to take photos. Will have access to it later. First opinion it feels like a lifeproof fre, but on steroids. It snaps and secures the case and doesn't have any play between the back and the front. Audio appears to be very good sound. Haven't done any voice calls yet. (Will have a call later and try). Buttons have very good feedback. Home button is like the otterbox armor, will take some getting used to, it feels smaller then the otterbox defender.

I will take some photos later with a otterbox commuter defender and armor for size compares ions. Also a fre and nuud. (I'm a case junkie).

Doesn't seem to have the proximity sensor issue that plagues these type of cases.

Does the bottom close like the armor, i use a jawbone up and with my nuud i have to remove it to sync through the headphone jack, thats what i like about the armor that i dont have to remove the case, i was hoping the preserver would be a great middle ground between a fre and an armor

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the bottom close like the armor, i use a jawbone up and with my nuud i have to remove it to sync through the headphone jack, thats what i like about the armor that i dont have to remove the case, i was hoping the preserver would be a great middle ground between a fre and an armor

Yes it does, exactly like the armour. Just not as thick, it's about half the size of the armour ;)

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Have a question for you about the Nuud. My contacts say they have a hard time hearing me, so I took the case apart and noticed that in the front part of the case (the part that has the home button per se) the little hole for the left speaker and guessing the mic as well, is occluded by a thin rubber seal, probably a production error. In comparisson to the big speaker hole, that has the thin rubber seal and a foam circle above it. Could you confirm if yours has both foam circles around the speaker holes and if your contacts said anything about not hearing you properly?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Have a question for you about the Nuud. My contacts say they have a hard time hearing me, so I took the case apart and noticed that in the front part of the case (the part that has the home button per se) the little hole for the left speaker and guessing the mic as well, is occluded by a thin rubber seal, probably a production error. In comparisson to the big speaker hole, that has the thin rubber seal and a foam circle above it. Could you confirm if yours has both foam circles around the speaker holes and if your contacts said anything about not hearing you properly?

Ive been using a nuud off and on for a while and i didnt get that far in depth like taking it apart, i havent had anyone say they couldnt hear me at all

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I had the exact same problem with my N??d case. After about 2 weeks, no one could hear me. It was awful. I ended up flat out returning the case (after 2 additional exchanges). Supposedly lifeproof says that the membranes are sticking to the speaker grills which cauSes the muffled sound. I tried blowing into the ports with compressed air, I took the case apart and cleaned the inside and even double checked the foam pieces. Nothing would correct the issues (which really bummed me out because that was a hell of a case).

I recently ordered a Lifeproof Fre on Amazon for $40. For that price point, you can't go wrong (and everyone can hear me). Of course this Preserver case sounds great too!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Everyone said they had problems hearing me while using the nuud. I ended up going back to a basic case until this one. Everyone seems to hear me just fine. Mine has both foam circles in the case. When installing the case, Put the bottom in first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR