Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4S...

cchs227

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So, I took a look at the otterbox defender case for the iPhone 4S, and personally I don't like it. I think the iPhone 4 defender series was better. The whole difference is instead of different ports for the front-facing camera, earpiece, and proximity sensor, it's just one big cut-out.

I went on Wal-Mart's website and saw that they had a Otterbox Defender series case like the iPhone 4's but it was called 'universal'. Do you think this 'universal' case will fit the iPhone 4S? And, will Verizon-specific cases fit the iPhone 4S?

Thanks Alot!
:confused:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If it says universal it should. Maybe go in store and ask to try it out first or return it if it doesn't work.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
a friend of mine has a 4S and a Defender for the 4.... she says it is working just fine.

There has to be a reason they changed it though.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
a friend of mine has a 4S and a Defender for the 4.... she says it is working just fine.

There has to be a reason they changed it though.

Supposedly the proximity sensor on the white was not working right with the defender for iPhone 4. Not sure how it affects the 4s. I have a defender for the 4s on my white Verizon iPhone.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I posted 2 pics of the defender. 1 for the Iphone 4 and 1 for the Iphone 4S. Otterbox added a bigger whole for the flash and camera lense for functioning reasons. The 1 with a bigger whole lets the flash and lense produce more. I myself have the newer model OtterBox Defender for the Iphone4S. It definately is bulky but its top notch quality and probaly the best quality made case on the market. I could throw this thing against a wall and feel good about it working fine afterwards.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought the phone Friday morning first one in line at my local store. Bought an otterox defender Saturday night from Walmart for $40 for the original iPhone 4 and the case works 100% perfect. Mute button isn't in the center of the cut out but it is stil easily accessible.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly the proximity sensor on the white was not working right with the defender for iPhone 4. Not sure how it affects the 4s. I have a defender for the 4s on my white Verizon iPhone.

I was considering the Otterbox Defender, but ran into the Otterbox Commuter at WalMart and got that. It fits find and feels solid.

MyJoosBox

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got an Otterbox Defender (for iPhone 4) for cheap online. After putting it on it fits quite well. My only concern is that the mute switch is practically touching the plastic. I don't want the switch to break! Anybody else having this problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73