OtterBox Defender Case

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought my wife the 5c awhile back and she wants a pink camo OtterBox case, like she had on her 4s. OB does not make one for the 5c, only for the 5s. Has anyone used an OB 5s Defender case on their 5c? Does it fit nicely?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I was worried there would be some play within the hard plastic inner shell because of minuet difference in size

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed it did not fit my daughters 5C. It fits my 5s I used the one for the iPhone 5 now have the 5s defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The 5C and 5S are two completely different phones. I hope you found the right one, because there is indeed a defender series case for the 5C.

http://m.otterbox.com/iPhone-5C-Def...lt,pd.html?start=2&cgid=apple-iphone-5c-cases

Thanks, but they do not offer camo for 5c. I will just mod the 5s case so it works for her 5c. Groupon had it for 14.99 so if it really does not work, not a huge loss.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but they do not offer camo for 5c. I will just mod the 5s case so it works for her 5c. Groupon had it for 14.99 so if it really does not work, not a huge loss.

Wish you luck friend. :)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried using a couple of my sister's 5s cases on my 5c. No go. I couldn't get them to fit at all.

Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. If my thinking is correct, the 5c is bit thicker than the 5s, so I might try sanding the inside plastic piece to make the 5c fit. I wonder why OB makes a 5s camo case but not a 5c one.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
if you get a defender case for the 5s get the one made for the 5. its much better quality and that hole for the finger scanner just allows dust in and after a week you can see dust piled in behind your screen protector. the 5s case was a fail in my opinion. the 5 one is much better.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. If my thinking is correct, the 5c is bit thicker than the 5s, so I might try sanding the inside plastic piece to make the 5c fit. I wonder why OB makes a 5s camo case but not a 5c one.

They are going to offer more colors for the phone that sells the most.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
if you get a defender case for the 5s get the one made for the 5. its much better quality and that hole for the finger scanner just allows dust in and after a week you can see dust piled in behind your screen protector. the 5s case was a fail in my opinion. the 5 one is much better.

It said it was 5/5s and had no cover over the Home Button in the picture. It was a deal through Groupon for 14.99.

frozzy24

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I just got OBds case for my 5c. I waited and waited for the release of the "coming soon" light blue one but I figured any if them is better than none (got the next lighter blue cover with white hard shell & holster for my blue 5c, which looks pretty snazzy). It does gather quite a bit of dust behind the screen protector. I've got rheumatoid arthritis and it's going to be tough to open it up for cleaning. Silly me, thought it would at least be a few months before I had to do that. Considering to leave out the screen protector. Aside from that, it helps to have something bigger to hang onto and not be sliding out of my hands. I dropped it once before the case arrived, I cringed.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I received and of course it does NOT fit. Volume rocker is in the way and it does have the cover over the home button. There is no way to modify considering the 5c is a lot thicker than the 5. So off to eBay it goes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the OBD for my wife's 5c. The protective screen did not lie flush with the phone's screen. So had to mash down too hard to connect with touch. Returned to Verizon and Otter is sending a free replacement. Hope it works!
Update: The replacement from Otterbox works great. I returned the first one to Verizon. The replacement from Otter was free. The protective screen lies flush now. Haven't yet noticed an issue with dust and debris.

Sent from Tapa

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I never can do the Defender series ones. The built in screen protectors never lay flat or they do weird effects on the screen.

I end up buying the Commuter series instead.

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I never can do the Defender series ones. The built in screen protectors never lay flat or they do weird effects on the screen.

I end up buying the Commuter series instead.

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

The defender has it's place in the world for construction workers, loggers that sort of thing but I agree not the best looking and convenient

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh