OtterBox Defender Case for The New iPad (Overview)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This is my overview of the newly designed Defender Case for the iPad 3, it also fits the iPad 2 for those of you who are curious to know. Best Buy sales it for $99 but on there website its $89 plus shipping but if you google around you can find a promo code (which I always do! lol) I also use Mr Rebates (sign up if you haven't) and that helps me save a little change and I get it back. Mr Rebates also tells you promos that different websites are running, so.... that can help too!

Point of this thread is to give us your thoughts of the new design versus the old design; and what you think about the Defender case if you own one. If you don't like OtterBox I do have a review video of the Griffin Survivor case, you can check that out on my YouTube channel too but I like this a lot more! Any other rugged cases you all prefer?

I'm perfectly happy with the case overall, the silicon isn't too thick or bulky; Its very sleek and thin now. You don't have to worry about the port covers stretching out of shape anymore or worry about lint sticking to the silicon like the previous models. I think they're truly stepping it up! *thumbs up*

Last edited:
Reactions: Alli

summerlin18

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I m using this case with my iPad 2, and I have to say, I don't think I would rather have any other case. This one is very well designed and STOUT. It makes the iPad feel good when holding it, and I am not afraid to throw it in my book bag in between classes. Well worth the money. The screen protector being built in is wonderful as well. It beats the heck out of any screen protector out there

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I m using this case with my iPad 2, and I have to say, I don't think I would rather have any other case. This one is very well designed and STOUT. It makes the iPad feel good when holding it, and I am not afraid to throw it in my book bag in between classes. Well worth the money. The screen protector being built in is wonderful as well. It beats the heck out of any screen protector out there

I agree 100%!! Thanks for your thoughts.

makya53

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Otterbox and think its crap. The seidio active looks and feels better. Less then $50 on amazon but I had to put a separate screen protector on it. I used both for a few days on the job and hands down seidio rocks.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The Otterbox looks good with the exception of the screen protector. All indications are that it ruins the look of the retina display screen.

jjcasillas15

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Defender on Monday and am returning it later today. There is no doubt that this case protects the iPad but I can't stand the screen protector. It takes away from the retina display of the iPad 3... Almost thinking of just keeping the case but cutting out the screen protector.... I probably would if it hadn't cost so much...Off to Best Buy!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It's nice to see they upped their game. I got the last Defender for the iPad 2 and wound up giving it away. The rubber kept coming off and it was just bulky beyond belief.

dino195

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine came about three days after I got my new iPad. I use it for work which is outdoors for me. Great protection while in the field but I prefer to take it out of the case when I am at home or in the office. It does the job I want it to in the field. I'm not afraid to store it in a small backpack or carry it around with me on the job site when I need to. I am not necessarily looking for the ultimate resolution or user experience while working. I am more interested in protection, function and utility at work. I use it in conjunction with the Otterbox Latch and it's great at work. Today I hung it in a tree with the carabiner that is supplied with the latch and secured it at eye level so I could work.

When I get home I like to take it out of the case and just use it with the smart cover so I can get the great look and feel of the stand alone iPad.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
If my Zagg Folio doesn't get here soon (been waiting almost three weeks), I'll cancel it and just get an Otterbox case. I have an Otterbox case for the other gadgets ;)

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend tearing out the screen cover and replacing it with a clear one from ebay... That's what I did with the otterbox and couldn't be happier.

Also i've tried to list my iPad and all accessories for sale on this forum and every time it gets sent to an admin and then never gets listed, second time this has happened.. never happens on howardforums.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Also i've tried to list my iPad and all accessories for sale on this forum and every time it gets sent to an admin and then never gets listed, second time this has happened.. never happens on howardforums.

I'm assuming you're not doing it right. All you do is go into marketplace, read the stickies as to what to put for the listing, and post the thread. Simple; or you can use howardforums.... =\

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
justin - with 11 posts, you're not going to list anything on this forum.

The following rules & guidelines must be followed in order to participate in this forum:

- In order to sell or trade items in the Marketplace, you be a registered member for at least 31 days.
- You must have a minimum of 30 posts, in order sell or trade items in the Marketplace forum. Rapid accumulation of posts in other forums for the purpose of meeting the minimum post requirement is not acceptable.
- The Marketplace is for iOS related items only, including handsets and accessories.
- Bumping a thread - for the purpose of moving it to the top of the forum - is allowed only one time per 24-hour period.
- Please use the report post button to notify the moderators that your trade, purchase, or sale has been completed, so they can lock the thread.
- Members selling items in the Marketplace forum must use the following template:

Thread title: (WTS/WTT)
Item Description :
Price :
Condition :
Includes :
Item Location :
Shipping Details :
Payment Options :
Contact Info :
Additional Info:
Photos:

Members wishing to buy a specific item must use the following template:
Thread title: (WTB)
Item Description :
Price Range:
Condition :
Payment Method :
Contact Info :
Additional Info:

These guidelines are in place for your protection and are strictly enforced. Threads that do not comply with these rules will be locked/deleted at the discretion of the moderators. Please remember that purchasing and selling items in the Marketplace is at your own risk.

Petersf

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been using otterbox for my iphone so I gone for otterbox itself for my iPad. Last month I got a case from a seller called sfplanet.com which my colleague suggested me to buy from there as they have free shipping for the cases as well as low price. I went for it and got a nice one:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen