Otterbox Commuter for iPhone 4 Ready to Ship

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Your review pretty much sums up how I feel about the case. The silicone is excellent. It isn't sticky like most others, but is rather soft and smooth. They didn't make a flap to cover the ringer switch probably because of the lack of a "hole" to stick the flap in. The 30-pin port and headphone jack both have holes to insert the flaps. Also, the inside felt piece was a nice surprise. It actually creates a wall in between the camera and flash so there is no issue with pictures being distorted. The hole in the silicone by the micro sim spot is actually there because part of the plastic piece fits into it for sturdiness. Again, awesome attention to detail. I'm not sure if I like the bottom dock cover since I usually dock my phone at night to charge. I knew before I bought it that the flap would get in the way, so I was planning on cutting it off. Many people just plug in a cable to charge/sync so the dock cover is great for them. Back when I had a 3Gs, I used the Seidio Innocase Slider and it was awesome for me. If I decide to sell my otterbox in the future, I'd probably get another Innocase for the iP4. But for now, this case is awesome.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the dock cover can be a little fiddly to pull away ad insert cable as you have to sort of hold it down out the way while you insert the connector. Especially a pain at night time in the dark!

I just think with the ringer toggle, they could have fashioned a flap that fits, with a more rigid hinge and an edge like the dock cover so you can easily lift it. It's not really a big deal though.

MrFadedGlory#IM

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Got my case yesterday and I love it. The only thing that does bother me a little bit it that the rubber on the sides towards the top of the screen isnt real sturdy, its easy to bend and what not. Wish it wasnt as bendable.

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Just ordered mine on Amazon, itll be here tomorrow. Im a member of prime so next day delivery is only 3.99 for me. So it was $33.94 shipped with next day delivery. I HIGHLY recommend joining Prime if you guys shop online alot from Amazon. 2 day shipping Free, Next day 3.99 and on top of amazons prices you cant beat it. Whoa I sound like a total fan boy. This advertisement ends...now.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Just had a nice email from Otterbox. I had emailed the after ordering about forgetting to enter the 10% discount code on checkout. They apologised for delay in reading email (the case is already in my possession now) but they are going to honour the discount and refund 10% back to my card! Great service!!

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
^^ wow that's great to hear Chris! good service indeed

Btw, gotta love that Amazon Prime. Especially when they give away free memberships for 3 months and sometimes 1 year.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I got my Otterbox Commuter case a few days ago...and I'm kind of disappointed. The case is way too thick, boxy and bulky for me...compared to the sleek form-fitting awesomeness of the one for the 3G/3GS that I had!:(

I didn't consider the Defender case because of the brick-like shape and size of it...but unfortunately, the Commuter isn't too far off that mark itself.

Guess I'm just staying with the minimal protection of the CaseMate Barely-There case!

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Got mine Friday. LOVE it. I own both a defender and commuter. I hated the bulk of the commuter case and was dissappointed in the looks of it overall so I gave it to my gf and decided to go with the Commuter. I couldnt be happier. Its a lot better in person then I thought it would be. WAY better the the defender case. The inserts pop in and out much better and dont flap around tlike the defenders do. To the guy above who said it was too bulky....wow. The only thing less bulky then this case is either the barely there like you stated or something similar of course. With this case on it makes it about the same size as a 3GS so if you were content with the commuter added to your 3GS how can you be dissappointed with th overall size of this solution?? Anyways, I am very pleased with this product.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73